Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Roos to Melb

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

same thought

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Definite implication on OTC that something had changed or was amiss at the Swans.

The mood would sure change around RWO if Roos does go to the Dees and takes a dream team comprised of half the Swan's coaching staff.
    That is what worries me. I mean guys like Crouch, Mayfair, Dew, Blakey, Tudor etc have been great for the Swans. I would hate it if he took a couple of those guys.

On the veteran's list
    Definite implication on OTC that something had changed or was amiss at the Swans.

The mood would sure change around RWO if Roos does go to the Dees and takes a dream team comprised of half the Swan's coaching staff.
    Naaah! He mentioned near the end of the program that he loves the club and is ever indebted to it.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Regular in the Side
    Fully committed means doing whatever it takes, including poaching staff - we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    That is what worries me. I mean guys like Crouch, Mayfair, Dew, Blakey, Tudor etc have been great for the Swans. I would hate it if he took a couple of those guys.
    He can take Mayfair for all I care! So long as he doesn't put his grubby little mitts on Henry Playfair

its feeling like a little bit of a St Kilda / Malcolm Blight feel about it !

13 years ago this season coming !

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

[QUOTE=Cardinal;622410]Definite implication on OTC that something had changed or was amiss at the Swans.

I also felt that way, but am hoping that it does not apply. Would be a pity if he took George Stone, Stuey, John Blakey etc with him. I heard mentioned somewhere else where Leigh Tudor maybe in the running for the Brisbane job.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    He can take Mayfair for all I care!
    Yeah, Mayfair 'aint worth jack if he hasn't got Park Lane to go with it.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Fully committed means doing whatever it takes, including poaching staff - we shall see.
    Yes that was very clear from what he said.

I wonder how much of his success with the Swans was his talent or the players around him. In my opinion he jumped ship before he was asked to leave in terms of coaching the Swans. They had gone as far as they were going to go under him.

He must be paid very well for his current media roles to knock back the money that the Demons are throwing at him.

I really hope he takes the role. It might be Hird all over in terms of coaching success. Ignoring "Big Ears" peptide/unknown drug program to help his coaching.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    As long as he doesn't take Kings Cross.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    He was asked several times what had changed to get him from 0 to 50:50 and said he'd prefer not to say. Sheehan asked him whether it was something at the swans and he again said he'd prefer not to say.

I could be reading too much into it, but Sheehan usually only asks where he knows something and Roos could easily have said, nah nothing to do with the club it's some personal issue or something.
    The news from Moore Park is that Roos isn't happy with the amount of times the Swans are cleaning the birds poo off his statue. Its out in the open whereas Kelly's is undercover. Each day he takes Colless out to it after his complaints then says "Richard, here it is !!!!"
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Senior Player
    The reference on OTC to things changing at the Swans that he (Roos) didn't want to talk about will almost certainly be about
    money. If Roos does end up at Melbourne, he will need to be paid a lot of money, that will essentially be ponied up by the AFL.
    But if you go back far enough, did Ron Barassi rock up here in 1993 for peanuts? I doubt it. Where did that money come from?
    The same place. The AFL. Sheedy? the same thing. It's just the nature of being a "saviour" coach, you need to be paid a lot. Each
    win by a "saviour" coach comes at a massive financial cost. Barassi "won" 13 games in three years at the Swans (though Plugger had a pretty big input into eight of them in 1995 as I remember. Sheedy "won" 4 games in two years at GWS. Roosy? best case scenario would
    probably be 20 wins and 46 losses over three years at the Demons. As for assistant coaches leaving the Swans to go to Melbourne. Well,
    that would be their choice. Assistants leave clubs all the time. We have a great coach in Longmire, and everyone should have faith in him
    to get "the help" he needs.

Blakey told the club this week he wants to continue.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

long day

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Guys , give me a break!! It was a long day at work and at the end I could not think clearly as I was pretty Piccadilly!

Long Term Injury List
    Press conference shortly to announce Roosy to Melbourne!

Roos named Melbourne Coach - MELBOURNEFC.com.au

- - - Updated - - -

I can handle having Roosy going to Melbourne but will be none too happy if he takes everyone with him.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast