Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Qualifying final V The Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by toothy76 View Post
    Smith, Hannebery and Tippett straight back in, and maybe Jetta if he gets through the reserves game.
    Morton and Cunningham straight out. Biggs did well, but he probably won't stay. Rohan not doing enough, but he could play as a sub.
    My big call - Craig Bird out. He turned it over far too often tonight. That could prove too costly. It cost us a couple of goals tonight.
    Biggs did well for a first gamer, but there is no "probably" about his inclusion next week. He will be first out. Did make a shocking decision when he played on in the back pocket after Rohan won a free for HTB.

Rohan I thought was massively improved over last week. He's still finding form and fitness and definitely needs to be retained.

Bird being dropped is a massive call - too big to be true in my book.

I didn't see the reserves, but I can't imagine us risking Jetta in such a big game after such a long absence and so-so for before that. Only Goodes (or possibly LRT) would get a pass like that.

Thought Jesse went missing a bit in the second half. The ball seemed to come out of the forward line too easily, but there's not much can be done about that other than bringing in Tippett.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Game confirmed for Friday night

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Game confirmed for Friday night
    19:50 @ MCG

And Freo travel to Simonds Stadium.

irony

Isn't it funny how a couple of goals here and there, like the Malceski walkover goal and the Cloke hands in Richards' back that we all balked about, and thankfully letting Freo back in the game to get a draw with us, has saved us from playing Geelong at Simonds Stadium.

Also, Richmond making 5th place is better for us too. If results go as predicted, including us losing to Hawthorn and Richmond beating Carlton, then we play Richmond at ANZ instead of Collingwood. I don't think Richmond have ever played at ANZ. I also would feel much more confident about beating Richmond than the Pies.

In any case, despite the bad run with injuries, a few little things seem to be falling our way.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 31st August 2013 at 11:42 PM.

If we had drawn Geelong we wouldn't be playing at Simonds because of our large Melbourne supporter base, it would probably have been at Etihad. Freo are probably one of the few clubs, along with GWS and GC at the moment who unfortunately fall into these circumstances.

Hopefully this game will be as exciting as the last Qualifying Final between these 2 teams:

Blog Entries
    If we had drawn Geelong we wouldn't be playing at Simonds because of our large Melbourne supporter base, it would probably have been at Etihad. Freo are probably one of the few clubs, along with GWS and GC at the moment who unfortunately fall into these circumstances.
    Precisely, It's only because Freo have such a small following in Melbourne.

Yes. You're right. Good pickup.

I'd lose White in favour of a smaller, faster, hard tackling defensive forward. Jesse is not great in defensive work. With Rohan forward we have 3 talls in Tippo, Pyke/Mumford and Rohan. The other changes are a given
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I'd lose White in favour of a smaller, faster, hard tackling defensive forward. Jesse is not great in defensive work. With Rohan forward we have 3 talls in Tippo, Pyke/Mumford and Rohan. The other changes are a given
    Unfortunately, Cyril Rioli plays for Hawthorn.

Seriously, I agree that there is still a fair bit of improvement left in Jesse, but what more can he do to hold his spot? If Reid were available, would you drop White for Reid or leave them both out for this mythical small forward that we don't have on our list.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    Rohan may be tall, but he's not in the team to play as a tall. If Jesse was dropped for this game for anything other than making way for Goodesy he'd be within his rights to throw a little tanty.

On the Rookie List
    If White gets dropped, then wave goodbye to him next year. We'd be spitting in his face. He's done everything asked of him and more, and he is damn valuable to our team right now. Imagine what his game would look like if our forward line delivery was, say, looking anything like a premiership contender? If another tall such as Goodes or LRT was to come into the team, it would be (should be) Everitt who goes.

Morton would be the forward you need re defensive, hard-tackling, dangerous forward - but he's not quick though. We have plenty of quick players - basically rookies, but pace by itself is fairly useless. All those rookies (BJ, Biggs etc) are turnover-prone.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast