Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Qualifying final V The Hawks.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    The other reason is Freo have a great record at Docklands (before yesterday). Well, that's what they're bleating about over here in their conspiracy theory cries anyway!
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Precisely, It's only because Freo have such a small following in Melbourne.
    the AFL stated this explicitly. This is desperately unfair to FREO supporters, and, I think, without precedent in the modern era. The logistics of getting across the country at short notice are difficult enough. To have go to the equivalent of Gosford, once you've flown in is galling. If the AFL had stated at the beginning of the year that Simmonds would be used for finals then at least some planning could have gone into it. Geelong are smug enough as it is. I hope FREO beat the crap out of them. The AFL want Geelong-hawks GF.

And what they will get is a Freo V Swans event!

On the Rookie List
    Most of us have pointed out the umpire favouritism of Geelong, recently on fine display against us. However I think it will be a genuine problem. It is a sickening love-affair, and disgusting to watch. Watch the last minute of Geelong v Lions. Two of the most blatant free kicks of all time against Geelong were not played, virtually in the goalsquare which would have led to a Lions win. The umpires couldn't rule out a free quick enough. They are so ****ing scared of Geelong - or maybe in love with them. As usual, no consequences for those involved. Can you imagine playing the umpires...I mean the Cats, in the GF? Hawks rank 2nd in favouritism, with Cats clearly first. It is a real problem. Can anything be done about it? May be, maybe not. But I don't look forward to another corrupt game against professional cheats who simply mask a kamikaze gameplan.

Quote Originally Posted by swans View Post
    I sorry about my long post is was on my new tablet and hit some button before formatting.

It appears after the reports from the reserve
    game today. That Jetta didn,t do alot to put the world on fire and may miss again this week.

BJ did a great job this week and should keep his spot for the weeks that jetta is out.

We need another fast running tall in the back line, that can swing forward and back

In: Hannebery, Smith, Tippett, BJ, Morton or lamb sub
    Out: Biggs, Cunningham, Bird

Emergency T. Membrey , D. Towers
    So you want to drop bird but keep bj? Sure, bj has lots of potential, but he also got only 8 possessions and really had a negligible impact on the game. Bird did not have his best game, but still got 24 touches and he is proven before his ability to step up in big games. I really like bj, but its not a tough decision at all as to who will drop out.

For me the changes seem straightforward. Tippett, hanners, smith in (plus perhaps jetta), biggs, cunningham, bj (plus morton) out.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Looks fairly simple where big games are concerned, you go with those who have done it for you in the past, unless a newbie is in ragingly good form and none are.

In Tippett, Hanners, Smiff, Jetta as sub, out Biggs, Cunningham, B Jack & Morton, Lamb as one of the emergencies.

Not sure what the talk is about dropping White, he is in great form and doing lots of small things to impact the game too. Rates as one of the form CHF in the league at present. Will get a new contract for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Not sure what the talk is about dropping White, he is in great form and doing lots of small things to impact the game too. Rates as one of the form CHF in the league at present. Will get a new contract for sure.
    So if Goodes says i'm right to go who else goes? Who would you rather have, unfit Goodes or born again Jesse?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    19:50 @ MCG

And Freo travel to Simonds Stadium.
    This doesn't affect us and, for reasons others have given, wouldn't apply to us, but I think it is really rough on Freo. Apart from the travel issues others have mentioned there is the huge advantage for Geelong in playing on their own odd-shaped ground in a dinky little stadium where it is almost impossible to fit in anybody besides the home crowd. It should have been at Etihad and it is disingenuous to say that Freo have few followers in Melbourne, as if there was hardly anyone else who'd want to watch the game.
    All very well for the locals from Frog Hollow to say they've earned it; Freo has earned a bit of consideration too. I hope they hand out a pasting.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Precisely, It's only because Freo have such a small following in Melbourne.
    It's because the AFL make a killing having the game at Simonds. And they can get away with it because it's Fremantle.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    Consider when both ANZ & SCG are both available to us for a home final (contractual obligations aside). A Swans final would be scheduled at whichever ground best accommodates the expected crowd.

I'm sure we would play Freo, Port etc at SCG and have a better home advantage than playing Pies, Blues... at ANZ.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBarryRound25 View Post
    Consider when both ANZ & SCG are both available to us for a home final (contractual obligations aside). A Swans final would be scheduled at whichever ground best accommodates the expected crowd.

I'm sure we would play Freo, Port etc at SCG and have a better home advantage than playing Pies, Blues... at ANZ.
    Not sure we would because the AFL has a contract with SA to play our finals there, unless the ground is unavailable.

Mind you I thought the AFL had a contract to play a final at Ethihad too if there were more than a couple of finals scheduled for Melbourne in a weekend. Obviously they've torn that up.

Happy and I know it
    Doubt this. We have played Freo in a final in the past at ANZ.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast