Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Qualifying final V The Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure we would because the AFL has a contract with SA to play our finals there, unless the ground is unavailable.

Mind you I thought the AFL had a contract to play a final at Ethihad too if there were more than a couple of finals scheduled for Melbourne in a weekend. Obviously they've torn that up.
    The AFL renegotiated with Etihad I think 2 years ago. If no finals at Etihad are scheduled they are compensated with some extra fixtures H&A the following season.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Most of us have pointed out the umpire favouritism of Geelong, recently on fine display against us. However I think it will be a genuine problem. It is a sickening love-affair, and disgusting to watch. Watch the last minute of Geelong v Lions. Two of the most blatant free kicks of all time against Geelong were not played, virtually in the goalsquare which would have led to a Lions win. The umpires couldn't rule out a free quick enough. They are so ****ing scared of Geelong - or maybe in love with them. As usual, no consequences for those involved. Can you imagine playing the umpires...I mean the Cats, in the GF? Hawks rank 2nd in favouritism, with Cats clearly first. It is a real problem. Can anything be done about it? May be, maybe not. But I don't look forward to another corrupt game against professional cheats who simply mask a kamikaze gameplan.
    Absolutely spot on. You have to be a 5-8 goal team better just to break even.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sure when we played Freo in the prelim final in 2006 it wast the Olympic Stadium.
    Last edited by cherub; 1st September 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: left word out

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    I am sure when we played Freo in the prelim final in 2006 it wast the Olympic Stadium.
    I am sure it was.

The only home final we have played away from Homebush since it was built was the 2005 Nick Davis final...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    True we have played Freo at ANZ (and Brisbane for that matter) in finals. I'm just trying to make a point that if we're not obliged to play at a particular stadium, the AFL (and the Swans) would prefer not to showcase the game in our home state to a majority of empty seats. And as supporters we'd be happier with the SCG than ANZ.

Just as an aside has anyone else received finals ticketing information

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Just as an aside has anyone else received finals ticketing information
    Swans Support on Twitter says members will be sent an email tonight. Four tickets per membership card.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Well the draw certainly has fallen our way.

1) We play Friday night giving us extra days before the next final.

2) I like our chances more against the Buddyless Hawks than the Cats at this stage.

3) If we loose we play either Richmond or Carlton, with 2 extra days break.

So one way or the other, I think we are great chance of at least making the prelim.

Changes :

IN : Hanners, Smith, Tippett. Sub ; Jetta

OUT : B Jack, Biggs, Cunningham , Morton

They all played well, but I reckon Horse will go for experience over speed, except in the case of Jetta over Morton.

Having said that, I think our extra speed on Friday worried the Hawks.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Happy and I know it
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Well the draw certainly has fallen our way.

1) We play Friday night giving us extra days before the next final.

2) I like our chances more against the Buddyless Hawks than the Cats at this stage.

3) If we loose we play either Richmond or Carlton, with 2 extra days break.

So one way or the other, I think we are great chance of at least making the prelim.

Changes :

IN : Hanners, Smith, Tippett. Sub ; Jetta

OUT : B Jack, Biggs, Cunningham , Morton

They all played well, but I reckon Horse will go for experience over speed, except in the case of Jetta over Morton.

Having said that, I think our extra speed on Friday worried the Hawks.
    We will probably get an 8 day break (assuming geelong beat freo) if we lose to Hawthorn, as freo has to play on the Friday night at home. So we definitely get a nice break if that is the case.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

if we lose in the first week of the finals, what day will we be playing on in the second week??

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    So we are in it up to our ears, especially with the finals experience in our CV.

HP

Quote Originally Posted by GordonS View Post
    if we lose in the first week of the finals, what day will we be playing on in the second week??
    Our opponents are playing on Sunday, so it will be the Saturday.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast