Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finals Fever

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Can't see us winning Friday night as I think the hawks are on a mission and will be out to massacre us. There is already an article on The Age on how Buddy can and will possibly get a reprimand only. Lose Friday and it's either Richmnd or Carlon (prob Rchmond) at ANZ on the Sat night. Of course the NRL could also come in to play as well.
    Hawks are not unstoppable. If anything they still walk on a knifes edge when you put the blowtorch to them in the big games. That was a tough game last Friday. We hit them hard. Their mids did not get a rest.

They are the hunted. We like to hunt. And they know we can hunt them, and get the kill. They know what happened last year and I think it works in our favour.

Buddy will not get off. No chance.

Believe.
    Last edited by Nich; 1st September 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davenall View Post
    DK, I love your work - looking forward to your next insightful post. Wouldn't it be funny if Mr Franklin gets 3 weeks, which might prompt Hawthorn to want to lose on Friday so that he is available for the Big Dance?
    Thanks! I think they'd do anything to avoid a prelim against Geelong!

Senior Player
    I am trying to believe but just can't see us winning Friday night with or without Buddy. Having said that if we do make it to the prelim it is an amazing effort considering our injuries this year.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Can't see us winning Friday night as I think the hawks are on a mission and will be out to massacre us. There is already an article on The Age on how Buddy can and will possibly get a reprimand only. Lose Friday and it's either Richmnd or Carlon (prob Rchmond) at ANZ on the Sat night. Of course the NRL could also come in to play as well.
    The media don't report the news anymore, they provide a mix of telling their audience what they want to hear and pushing their ideological barrow. They're saying he'll get off because thats what the Melbourne public want to hear (just like we constantly hear about Collingwood and Carlton being genuine contenders). There's no way the MRP will allow a late hit directly to the head get away without at least one week in the stands.

Of course, you'd go broke very quickly trying to bet on the outcomes of the MRP....

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    MRP = Mixed Response Probable.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    MRP = mostly random penalties

AFL.com said it well:

1. The premiers aren't ready to surrender their crown quietly. Heading into round 23, the Sydney Swans found themselves in an all-too familiar situation ? being written off. Out of form, too many injuries, too many youngsters ? surely too high a hurdle to defend their flag. But John Longmire's side has a deep-seated belief that, regardless of who is in the line-up, it should be able to perform the same way ? and it's not lip service. Against Hawthorn, the Swans reminded everyone of their September credentials. Leading for most of the night, at times by four goals, they ultimately went down by 12 points. But their intensity was back and with Kurt Tippett, Dan Hannebery, Nick Smith and Lewis Jetta in the mix to return for the qualifying final, there is plenty still to like about the Swannies. - James Dampney

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Friday night would have spooked the Hawks. With our outs they would expected a pretty easy win.
    Throw in Buddy angst .
    Then they have to readjust to our ins and their GF nightmare.
    Swans by 13 points .

Best
    HP

Spring is here which must mean it's finals time. Don't you just love it?

I was impressed with what we dished up on Friday (despite the loss). The intensity and the hunger was back. If we can replicate this again this Friday, we will have a very good chance of winning. The Hawks are a side that crumbles a bit when under pressure so we must hunt them down for four quarters.

Buddy likely being suspended is a big plus as Roughie will now get more attention. But don't forget Gunston. I have a feeling he might have a good night.

Our youngsters have been great for us covering our numerous injuries. Time will tell whether they are up to the challenge. They certainly looked a bit tired over the last few weeks.

I remember this time last year being nervous all week before the match against the crows here in Adelaide. Another slow week coming up!

Wouldn't it be great to beat the Hawks this week and put them on the same side of the draw as Geelong! (Assuming that Geelong beat Freo!)

Got my tickets, Yippee!

I'm confident we'll give a good shout. Last September was so sweet. At about this exact time last year we were in the same position as far as public opinion on our chances is concerned and we know what happened next.

Just bought my tickets. Pleased that the lowest priced member pre-sale category ($40) offered me ground level behind the goals about 25 rows back. There aren't many in this category so they might be all gone by now but they were a good prize for early-booking Swans fans.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast