Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Finals Fever

Veterans List
    On FaceBook this morning:

"This weekend we face the battle that will determine our future for generations. Many people have thought long and hard before they picked a side - others just go with pop opinion. But it's much more important than something to be decided on a whim.

Anyone who has considered all the options simply has to go for the Swannies over the Hawks."

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    On FaceBook this morning:

"This weekend we face the battle that will determine our future for generations. Many people have thought long and hard before they picked a side - others just go with pop opinion. But it's much more important than something to be decided on a whim.

Anyone who has considered all the options simply has to go for the Swannies over the Hawks."
    Nice! Clearly talking about the qualifying finals..

The fact of the matter is that someone wins the premiership every year. But it's been a decade since a team successfully defended the cup. It's something the club has not achieved in over 130 years of existence. In the face of massive setbacks, our team has put themselves in a position where they can win. This year's Swans have the opportunity to make themselves into legends of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    I wish i had everyone else's optimism regarding tommorow nights game, for mine Hawthorn beat us last week without even getting out of a canter. You would have to expect that both coaches too last week did as Buckley admitted to and were more worried about player time management than about winning. Franklin and Rioli [maybe] being out certainly helps us and hopefully the op is right and we still have many tricks up our sleeve but we would be very naive to think the hawks dont as well.
    We all have those doubts in the back of our mind - but come September, logic goes out the window in my book - full blooded passion is all that one needs!

CARN YOU MIGHTY SWANNIES!!!

So can't concentrate today at work - wish I was heading down to Melbourne for the game, but will be yelling intensely at the telly tonight I expect instead!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Nice! Clearly talking about the qualifying finals..

The fact of the matter is that someone wins the premiership every year. But it's been a decade since a team successfully defended the cup. It's something the club has not achieved in over 130 years of existence. In the face of massive setbacks, our team has put themselves in a position where they can win. This year's Swans have the opportunity to make themselves into legends of the game!
    Absolutely. If we won the flag this year, it would imo be the greatest of our premiership triumphs, even above the drought breaker in 05. We have done exceptionally well, in the face of a lot of injuries to key players, to make the top 4. But, if we win tonight, we will give ourselves a great chance to at very least in the last two standing! A premiership this year would involve probably again beating the other top 4 sides, and that would be an absolutely remarkable achievement all things considered!

BELIEVE!!!!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Well I got that wrong...

Senior Player
    This time yesterday I was feeling decidedly feverish, but now my fever seems to have almost disappeared.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    This time yesterday I was feeling decidedly feverish, but now my fever seems to have almost disappeared.
    I think I'm coming down with something...

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Me too. I really thought we turned the corner last week, but it was nothing but an illusion. Even when we win next weekend (I do think we will), it'll only be a false dawn, as Freo or Geelong should account for us easily.

A real shame, as had we had not had the injury curse we've had this year, I really do think we could of went back to back.

That's not to say I don't believe in miracles - funny things can happen in footy, but it would be a miracle indeed from here just to see us make the GF, let alone win it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Never abandon our players my friends, nor your hope. Down but not out, Swans are alive with a second chance earnt through talent and the sheer hard work needed to make the most of it throughout the year. We won't surrender now just because things are difficult. The cup itself may come with a pretty bow but premierships do not. They come with the blood stained fingerprints of sacrifice and courage.

We know this, we've been there before and we will be again.

Quote Originally Posted by swanwolf View Post
    Never abandon our players my friends, nor your hope. Down but not out, Swans are alive with a second chance earnt through talent and the sheer hard work needed to make the most of it throughout the year. We won't surrender now just because things are difficult. The cup itself may come with a pretty bow but premierships do not. They come with the blood stained fingerprints of sacrifice and courage.

We know this, we've been there before and we will be again.
    I'm with you. I'm finding it hard to be positive, but the Swans are best when they've been written off. Longmire's statement about an easy week on the track gives me hope that they'll hit their straps one week later than intended.

It is hope more than anything though. They are capable of matching it with the best. They've taken the hardest possible path to prove it though!

Wow Ive been more excited than I have for weeks the prospect of playing Carlton at home.... the dice and results rolled in our favour over the weekend Carlton are the dream matchup for us Im saying Swans by 30 points!!

Cheers
    Waz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234