Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finals Fever

I believe that is correct. Was just saying the other day that he might be a curse However, knocking off Southern Power will be a Herculian task. Should be a great game though and good luck to all grand finalists on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Help me out somebody - is it true that Troy Luff has never played in a winning Grand Final ?
    If that's the case then this weekend will be especially important for him - he must be running out of chances !

I don't care who wins but I'd love to see Luffy finally win one - what's the betting that he instantly retires if he does ??
    Good luck Luffy!

Luffy

Luffy's having a great year. He's played in 9 senior and one junior GFs without a win...who knows, this could be his time.

Don't be too quick to retire him...he played in last year's Premier GF and as his current coach, I think the dual Phelan Medallist is travelling pretty well at present.

The Bulldogs are getting a lot out of their veterans! David Backler at 46 just won the Div.4 goal-kicking!

Almost Football Legend
    What a cracker of a grand final that was! Certainly the noisiest I can remember, and plenty of twists & turns.

Congratulations to Manly on their win. Taking out Premier Division in their first season is an amazing achievement. I was one of the doubters who thought they'd struggle to be competitive when they went up, but they certainly gave me and others plenty of humble pie.

- - - Updated - - -

What a cracker of a grand final that was! Certainly the noisiest I can remember, and plenty of twists & turns.

Congratulations to Manly on their win. Taking out Premier Division in their first season is an amazing achievement. I was one of the doubters who thought they'd struggle to be competitive when they went up, but they certainly gave me and others plenty of humble pie.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

I had staked my reputation on a Penno win in the RWO footy tipping contest, but I'm happy to congratulate Manly on their success this year.

Great day at BISP - terrific atmosphere, especially from the Manly fans and the cheer squad who welcomed us to the carpark with their banner. The team played enthusiastic and disciplined footy and were obviously well coached.
    The game was played in good spirit and both groups of supporters got into it (and I say that after hearing reports of my suburban Melbourne team's grand final where there were serious fights between players and supporters yesterday).

A great day at BISP and a credit to the SFL, to Baulko who did the catering and moved the furniture on the field for the presentations, and to both teams who put on a cracker of a match.

Hawks and Freo next Saturday but buggered if I know what I'll do for the next six months of weekends !

And PS - can't wait for the blaze of colour on Saturday when the yellow and browns take on the purples. Like a dirty baby's nappy after prunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Massive achievement and just goes to show what can be done when a club gets its off field house in order.

Good junior development, a solid team of volunteers and a fertile catchment area. As far as I am aware they have basically achieved this as an amateur outfit with a couple of "franchise style" signings and more or less the same side as last season (think Armitage winning the Phelan).

Can they take the next step and become a real super-club. The potential is there - surely the opportunity exists to set up an Academy style centre of excellence on the Northern Beaches, possibly a partnership with Narrabeen Sports High (AFL already on the curriculum) and/or the NSWIS with Swans/NSWAFL funding? They already have three very strong junior clubs in their area and you would have to think they will form the basis of their future.

That's all for the future of course but well done Wolves. Not traditionally my favourite club but they have turned the powerbase of Sydney football on its head in one year. Scary thing is they will only get better.

Warming the Bench
    Well done to Manly, I must admit having seen them dominate Div 1 I thought they'd contend for a spot in the finals. Never did I think they'd win the flag.

One can only imagine what they would have done if they had Kovacevic at full-forward as well, a seriously good player.

Almost Football Legend

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

A great read Norris, very enthralling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12