Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finals Fever

Almost Football Legend

Finals Fever

A very impressive performance by St George today. Buoyed by joint tipping comp winner Postie's prediction of a premiership, the Dragons came out breathing fire in a dominant opening quarter; building a lead that North Shore were unable to recover from.
    An absolutely fascinating contest beckons tomorrow, with a sudden-death elimination final between Pennant Hills and UNSW-ES.
    Plenty of action across the divisions as we build towards the climax of the season.

How have you found the finals so far? Who's impressed, who hasn't?

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

North shore to go out in straight sets again. saints v manly is the big one next week.

Pretty happy with my lot's form so far, I think a few had us pencilled in for a fast exit but we are doing ok. Randwick will be a huge test, we haven't knocked them off yet, but that's what finals is for I guess, you never know. Blacktown could have one hand on the cup already such is their dominance.

Thought Parra would've disposed of UTS in Div 1, but you can never write off the Bats this time of year. St George did exceptionally well after a strong promotion from Div 2.

Camden out in both grades. Moorebank only have 18s left I think.

UNSW gone in Prems, but pretty big holes left by Rampe and Lavery.

I reckon Manly to take the double in Prems and Div 2.

Moorebank 18's got beaten by Mac Uni by a point, which puts them out, so it was not a happy week for the Magpies. In saying that, they had a very good year, getting three of their teams into finals football.

Surprising to see Camden out in straight sets in Div 5 after dropping 1 game all year.

I like St George in Prems (although they may be a year away with their young roster who are only going to get better).

The women's finals are going to plan as per season form. In Div 2, no one has been able to get within 50 points of Mac Uni all year. Div 1 sees Balmain and Easts taking each other on for a spot against Sydney Uni in the finals. It will be a very physical game. if you're watching it, look for 34 for UNSW - Courtney Gum. She is the class of the women's comp and played for Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs in the curtain raiser earlier this year.

Hopefully there is a good sprinkling of premiers across all regions of Greater Sydney - it can only be healthy for the game.

If Blacktown doesn't go up to Div 2 next year as they should have this year, questions need to be asked - regardless if they are premiers or not. Their roster is better than Div 3.

Good luck to all those still playing September footy.

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend action is now online.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    St George did exceptionally well after a strong promotion from Div 2.
    I've only been around the club for a few years, but I reckon our div 1 side now would have knocked off our premier team when I first signed up. Huge improvements from everyone and some genuine quality. Just a shame when a week before finals you have 5 people turn up to training on a Tuesday, we won div 2 last year off everyone putting in all year.

But yeh, lots of good kids coming through which is great to see.

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend's action is now online.

Congratulations to our first two premiership winning teams for 2013 - Randwick City in Div 5 and Macquarie Uni in Womens Div 2.

Re the finals...not sure who edits the Footy Record, but someone might like to remind them there's also a Division One Preliminary Final on as well. I know my boys have worked just as hard as the women's leagues and some of the lower divisions!

[QUOTE=Seagull;623437]Re the finals...not sure who edits the Footy Record, but someone might like to remind them there's also a Division One Preliminary Final on as well. QUOTE]

Should be a cracker of a game too . Bragging rights on offer by the sound of it .

UTS Bats (@UTSBats) on Twitter

Almost Football Legend
    The latest RWO Wrap of the weekend action is now online - as Pennant Hills make their way through to the Grand Final.

Congratulations to Sydney Uni (Div 2 & Womens Div 1), Blacktown (Div 3) and Pennant Hills (Div 4) for their premiership success.

Help me out somebody - is it true that Troy Luff has never played in a winning Grand Final ?
    If that's the case then this weekend will be especially important for him - he must be running out of chances !

I don't care who wins but I'd love to see Luffy finally win one - what's the betting that he instantly retires if he does ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast