Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Roos officially announced as Melbourne Demons

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Well following on with your theory, we should put Cresswell in charge of accounts. Good loyal Swans servant.

There is such a thing called "ethics" that you forgot to mention. Roos was not alone in bringing the 2005 premiership although he took all the credit. In light of the last 8 years, I think Lyons and Longmire had something to do with it.

Did any other "loyal" ex Swan find the need to get Colless angry?

The sooner he goes to Melbourne and takes his stupid statue with him the better. I could never understand why it was built in his honour anyway.

Yes, yes, he won a premiership. What about a stature for the men that saved the Swans from extinction?

In 2014, I'm looking forward to "supercoach" at the Demons and all the excuses he will use to divert any blame from his own inadequacy.

- - - Updated - - -

What a petty vindictive person you seem. The Cressa analogy is ridculous and offensive.

Whether we like it or not Paul Roos' job is to lead the Melbourne Football Club and he is being paid very well to do that. His loyalties are 100% with that club. He no longer has any loyalty to us, that is the nature of brutal business we are in

Using your logic no coach should ever employ someone form a former club and should never take players from that club unless their former club likes it. Imagine if we paid Clarkson $1.5m a year but he refused to recruit an available great young player from Hawthorn because of his loyalties to his former club, we be rightly ropeable.

I think you'll find Paul Roos is very well versed in ethics. He will do nothing illegal but he loyalties are now clear. If we rate this kid so highly we should draft him - if we had the opportunity and have missed the boat then that is the fault of our list managers. Simple really!!!!!

Your personal attacks on Roos are puerile and infantile....

PS - I bet you were not at the SCG when the Swans were on the verge of extinction.

PPS - Lyon recruited Dempster and Schneider at the Saints and "poached" Kirky to be coach. Surely you must hate him too. Longmire of course can never recruit a player from the Kangaroos (not that they have anyone worth recruiting anyway).

Suspended by the MRP
    BillyRayCypress let's give Paul Roos some credit.

As well as what he achieved as head coach of the Swans he also mentored Longmire and Ross Lyon into great AFL coaches.

And Mug Punter start showing Billy as a fellow passionate Swans supporter a little respect! Calling him a vindictive person is a bit much!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    BillyRayCypress let's give Paul Roos some credit.

As well as what he achieved as head coach of the Swans he also mentored Longmire and Ross Lyon into great AFL coaches.

And Mug Punter start showing Billy as a fellow passionate Swans supporter a little respect! Calling him a vindictive person is a bit much!
    "The sooner he goes to Melbourne and takes his stupid statue with him the better. I could never understand why it was built in his honour anyway.

Yes, yes, he won a premiership. What about a stature for the men that saved the Swans from extinction?

In 2014, I'm looking forward to "supercoach" at the Demons and all the excuses he will use to divert any blame from his own inadequacy"

If you think language like that in respect of Roos is not vindictive then I do not know what is....

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Mug Punter, get off the cross as someone more important needs the wood.

Your insults of me are the ones that are vindictive. I couldn't care less about Roos.

Why not give Cressa a job? Wasn't he a loyal son to? Comments ridiculous and offensive......to whom?

Lyon served an apprenticeship under a few coaches and in his own right.

How much respect does Colless have for him at the moment?

I have an opinion, I will express my opinion whether you agree with it or not.

No I wasn't at the SCG when the Swans were facing extinction because I wasn't following AFL then? The point you're trying to make?

Lyon traded for the two players you mention and Kirk was not with the Swans. Any more unrelated points?

Puerile and infintile ???????? You make me laugh !!

Thanks Matt for the support.

My comments regarding Roos are related to recent events and from things I have heard of the man, I have chosen not to have any respect for him. That is my choice and I am entitled to my opinion and whether I respect him. Just because the man was head coach in 2005 does not earn automatic respect for life from me.

Roos has 5.1 million reasons to not worry what anybody else thinks. It will be a good opportunity for him to show if he is the "supercoach" as the impression that is given.

Perhaps mug punter should look up the meaning of vindictive.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Suspended by the MRP
    No worries Billy. We are all passionate supporters!

On the Rookie List
    gee this thread is getting a bit heavy, boys

Just wild about Harry
    quoted post deleted
    Cool it, Mug. A lot of BillyRay's posts are insightful and witty at the same time. While I haven't quite reached the stage of dislike for Roos that Billy has, he can have his opinion. He is merely highlighting some questions about 2005 - was it Roos or the list?
    I was disappointed to see that Roos had been taking $300k for the academy role, but I thought that it was probably a bit of a golden handshake for his services. Now that he is looking at plundering that same academy (ok, maybe a bit O.O.T.) I think that he is biting the hand that has kept him in caviar over the last few years.
    Last edited by liz; 23rd September 2013 at 04:12 PM. Reason: quoted post deleted

Come on guys, keep it clean, no need fr personal attacks

I've stated on numerous occasions over the past 12 months since the 'Roos is the coaching messiah' fraternity gained momentum that any club (or the AFL) that took him on at a 7 figure salary better be damn aware that when he was coaching flag wins, he had Longmire on his left and Lyon on his right and although I think he is a great communicator and people person, I'm not convinced he's the be all and end all when it comes to head coaching.

I don't necessarily want to melt down his statue or the like, just think Melbourne may find out he isn't as good as the legend.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    I'll be very disappointed if Roos manages to get any of the players or coaches that we want. He's just an opposition coach now - like Kirk and Paul Williams.

But I do think that Roos has taken the Dees job because it is such a challenge. The Brions would have been easier, I think. So good on him for testing himself - and for giving us the chance to judge if he is the master coach or whether it was the guys on either side of him.

Suspended by the MRP
    Roos has just appointed Ex Demon Brad Miller as a development coach!

Does the appointment of Brad Miller receive the blessing of the red and white faithful?

So based on where Melbourne are now what will he have to do to convince the doubters that he is a good coach / manager - surely no one thinks Melbourne are going to win a flag in the next 3- 5 years ?? - his record at the swans stands for itself - he is getting well paid to get "off the couch" and media street - I am sure that he will surround himself with good people like Longmire has done (Leigh Tudor) - Roos like he did with the Swans will leave the Demons a better place than he found it - and be well paid for it so good luck to him.