Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Roos officially announced as Melbourne Demons

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Roos has just appointed Ex Demon Brad Miller as a development coach!

Does the appointment of Brad Miller receive the blessing of the red and white faithful?
    Yes. Is he related to Roger??

Roger Miller - Chug - a - lug (HQ) - YouTube
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Does the appointment of Brad Miller receive the blessing of the red and white faithful?
    Anything which gets his missus back to the Brownlow has to be a good thing. I noted when flying down for the Hawthorn game she is doing the in-flight promos for Qantas now. Another reason to be pissed we missed the GF and another trip to Melbourne
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Roos has just appointed Ex Demon Brad Miller as a development coach!

Personally I'm not happy with Brad's appointment as his father Neville was a 30 game legend of the Swans.
    I FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Whether we like it or not Paul Roos' job is to lead the Melbourne Football Club and he is being paid very well to do that. His loyalties are 100% with that club. He no longer has any loyalty to us, that is the nature of brutal business we are in

Using your logic no coach should ever employ someone form a former club and should never take players from that club unless their former club likes it. Imagine if we paid Clarkson $1.5m a year but he refused to recruit an available great young player from Hawthorn because of his loyalties to his former club, we be rightly ropeable.

I think you'll find Paul Roos is very well versed in ethics. He will do nothing illegal but he loyalties are now clear. If we rate this kid so highly we should draft him - if we had the opportunity and have missed the boat then that is the fault of our list managers. Simple really!!!!!

PPS - Lyon recruited Dempster and Schneider at the Saints and "poached" Kirky to be coach. Surely you must hate him too. Longmire of course can never recruit a player from the Kangaroos (not that they have anyone worth recruiting anyway).
    The point you overlook is that Roos isn't simply recruiting available people from the Swans. He's trying to lure a player from the Swans academy. The very academy he raved on about as being so important to the

Swans as a pathway and nursery for future SWANS. He also wrote to members and asked us, "to give money to, so we could unearth some home grown future Swans stars".

Do you think any Swans members would be happy to contribute knowing players could be poached by a Melbourne club.

To now try and poach one of these very such players, or at least force the Swans to delist another senior player to accommodate him, is at the very least hypocritical and unethically opportunistic, especially given

the trust that the Swans placed in him...

IMO, it shows he can't be trusted...He's a double talking bull**** artist, and a very good one at that.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    So perhaps we put a longer nose on his statue?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Mr D, this would have to be the best quote of the thread.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge.maverick View Post
    Personally I'm not happy with Brad's appointment as his father Neville was a 30 game legend of the Swans.
    Aren't we lucky he didn't play 100 games.

- - - Updated - - -

Won't miss his commentary and look forward to seeing who his replacement is On The Couch. Interesting about the last 2 encumbents On The Couch. One being embroiled in a drug scandal and the other now allegedly involved in a poaching scandal. When they were both recruited to OTC they were seen as clean skins and poster boys for the game. Will Mike be gutsy enough to challenge the messiah on the issue tonight. Bring back Wallsy I say. I think seeing Mike absolutely dribbles over Leigh Matthews, he is a monty for the gig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Who will be the first to put the rope around the head on the statue, alah the Bloke from Bagdad?

Suspended by the MRP
    I think it will be Michael Voss or Luke Darcy to take Roosys spot on the couch! They are young, have strong informed opinions and are both good T.V talent. I don't think Alister Lynch excelled when he filled in for Roos mid season.

Billy Ray Cypress I have not heard you talk about Roosys annual mid season trips to the USA, and the impact of those mid season trips on the avedemy LOL

If Jude goes to Fox and not Channel Bruce, it would not surprise me one bit to see him get the gig.

As a recently retired player, he would bring that perspective to the couch.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Jude needs a bit of work on his speaking style. He's got the face, but is not a natural like Cameron Ling. Some of the Melbourne boys got a lot of practice with multiple appearances on the Footy Show. Goodes is a very eloquent speaker and should have a great post retirement career whatever he does.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    The point you overlook is that Roos isn't simply recruiting available people from the Swans. He's trying to lure a player from the Swans academy. The very academy he raved on about as being so important to the
    Swans as a pathway and nursery for future SWANS. He also wrote to members and asked us, "to give money to, so we could unearth some home grown future Swans stars".

Do you think any Swans members would be happy to contribute knowing players could be poached by a Melbourne club.

To now try and poach one of these very such players, or at least force the Swans to delist another senior player to accommodate him, is at the very least hypocritical and unethically opportunistic, especially given the trust that the Swans placed in him...
    Thanks for this post Ernie. This is exactly how I feel. Losing players as part of the normal business of AFL trade has to be accepted - what is so disappointing about this report (if true) is that Roos would be using his personal relationships as the immediate past Academy coach to woo promising young players from the Academy. Earlier in this thread I posted words from the Swans' site which describe the role of the Swans' Academy as I understood it to be. It seems this might not be correct - but if so, as Ernie has effectively pointed out, it is a misunderstanding that Roos strongly fostered and encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Mr D, this would have to be the best quote of the thread.
    I heartily concur!!! Well done Mr D.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood