Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Roos officially announced as Melbourne Demons

Just on Perris, he is the best and most decorated junior to come out of NSW since Bird.

U/16 AIS member and Cameron Ling Medal winner for his leadership. Missed almost a year and a half with knee reco and only came back this year to re-establish himself as Captain and best player for NSW at u/18 Nationals + selected All Australian.

That alone would be enough for him to be taken in the draft by a dozen clubs.

He then plays the remainder of the season, about a dozen games for Swans Reserves, and is regularly amongst their best ... he can only get better!

Now let's assume that he only has the worst manager in the business ... I think he would have been discussing a full list position with more than just the Swans.

As for the Swans, they are ruthless with their list management, and it would disappoint if they didn't at least TRY to get him as a rookie, first offer.

A no-brainer for Roos to offer him an alternative, but I would think Melbourne would be his last consideration ... there are plenty of other mor attractive clubs ...

Personally, I think it would be great PR exercise for the Swans to take him, and potentially very bad PR if they choose to deny the kid who is and has been their "pin up boy" for the Academy.

PS: He paid for his own reco.

Senior Player
    So the reaction on the couch tonight with Roos is he is Melbourne coach now and basically I felt he is not interested in the swans or making up with Colless. He also thought Mumford would go to Hawthorn if Buddy left

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    As expected on Roos' final sitting on On the Couch, the subject returned to what happened last week. So with the help of IQ and the rewind button, this is what was said-

Sheahan : We are losing you and before we go, I don't mean to reopen up an old wound but last week it was chilling television, you talking about your relationship with Richard Colless and the Swans and how it had deteriorated. has it improved?

Roos: Ohhhh, look I guess now that I have put on my Melbourne hat on now its I've moved forward, probably bit like when you have a bad loss after a game you dont want to talk about it.

Sheahan: But its deeper than that because they're friends of yours.

Roos: Ohhh, look it will sort it self out at some point I;m sure , mmmmmm.

Healey: Will you talk to Richard, will you take a call, will you meet with him?

Roos: Oh look yeah absolutely I mean at some point yeah we'll have a discussion no doubt . (Looks at Sheahan and a big grin grows on his face which then turns into an open mouth tooth showing smile)

Sheahan: It wont be forthcoming this week Pauly. (Roos then laughs out loud)

Healey then changes the topic and goes onto another story.

So there was no mention of the Statement by Colless and there was no mention that Colless had been trying to call Roos but Roos was not taking his call.

The whole thing lasted about 3 minutes.

Agree with Anne, there was no remorse or regret from what has happened. Oh well good luck and we'll see how you go at Melbourne.
    Last edited by BillyRayCypress; 30th September 2013 at 10:47 PM.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

So Roosy basically says (with a shrug of the shoulder and a pert, disinterested look on his face), he doesn't give a stuff about the Swans anymore...He can be such a cat at times.

The feelings mutual.

He broke the Swans trust, leave it at that and let time slowly heal the wound....No more grovelling to his royalness.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Hallelujah.

Roos finally showing some good sense: keeping his mouth shut and not airing the dirty laundry in the media. With any luck, Colless will forget about fanning the flames with pompous media statements, and the whole thing will rapidly blow over - probably as soon as the trade period starts next week.

Roos is a Demon, Colless is retiring, Buddy's going to GWS. Let's accept the facts and move on

Veteran Site Admin
    Swans come out swinging - sydneyswans.com.au

At least from Colless' perspective, the two appear to have kissed and made up, which is fantastic.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Andrew Wu also tweeted that Colless said Roos had written him a "beautiful note" to him after all that had happened in the past fortnight. Awww.

Richard said a few things tonight in his speech at the B&F about Roosey.
    Bottom line... don't take our players/don't take our staff and we'll still be friends.
    He wanted to just clear that up.

I'm going to miss Dicky.

- - - Updated - - -

Richard said a few things tonight in his speech at the B&F about Roosey.
    Bottom line... don't take our players/don't take our staff and we'll still be friends.
    He wanted to just clear that up.

I'm going to miss Dicky.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Richard also said he was gutted by the Roos fallout "we all know how stubborn he can be" but said that Roos wrote him the letter and there is communication once again. He also said that the Collesses and the Eades had lunch together in Melbourne last weekend "and the years just fell away".

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324