Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Roos officially announced as Melbourne Demons

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    42 disposals 2 goals 9 marks 5 tackles played through the mid field into the forward area for three quarters then in defence in the last to hold them at bay, best on ground by a country mile, Captain Courageous leading from the front all match.

I rest my case.
    You actually missed two very important statistics ffrom last night which may have contributed to the above statistics.

These were:

Number of times seen flapping his arms - 0 times
    Number of times seen abusing team mates - 0 times

So hopefully we will have a repeat of all the above stats next week.

McVeigh is on Game Day at 10 am today. So we should know more about last night's injuries.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Well this escalated quickly

PAUL Roos is accused of trampling on his legacy at the Swans by trying to recruit young Sydney stars to join him at the Demons.The new Melbourne coach, who guided Sydney to their 2005 premiership and established the famed Bloods culture, has set his sights on highly rated Swans academy players.

Chairman Richard Colless is furious at the actions new Melbourne coach who is attempting to lure the academy?s best prospect 18 year old Lloyd Perris to the Demons.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226723906733

Senior Player
    Bit dodgy but it's a one off thing because Roos knows the kid already.

If they want him they can draft him, and if we want him we can match b the bid. Surely they don't need to convince him to go there?

OK - I take back what I said. Paul Roos is a @@@@.

- - - Updated - - -

OK - I take back what I said. Paul Roos is a @@@@.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Disappointing if true.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    All is fair in love and war. Generally people are not successful unless also ruthless. Mr nice guy probably all an act. Wonder if there will be a ceremony to knock down the statue.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    All is fair in love and war. Generally people are not successful unless also ruthless. Mr nice guy probably all an act. Wonder if there will be a ceremony to knock down the statue.
    He's probably a nice-enough guy. And I remember John Longmire laughing when asked about the low-key appearance of Roos and saying Roos is the most competitive person he has ever met.
    And do we imagine that Kirky is going to soft-pedal his job tonight?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Bit dodgy but it's a one off thing because Roos knows the kid already.

If they want him they can draft him, and if we want him we can match b the bid. Surely they don't need to convince him to go there?
    Except that Roos knows all the kids he has been coaching, and will know the better ones especially well, you think.

Perris actually can't choose to go into the draft if the Swans put him on their senior list. As a scholarship player, he effectively agreed to join the Swans (if they wanted him) when he signed the scholarship. This will force the Swans to put him directly onto the senior list though, not try to persuade him to accept a rookie spot.

I do find these actions of Roos surprising and distasteful, given he has been espousing the importance of the Academy for development of the game in Sydney for years now, well before it was actually set up.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Except that Roos knows all the kids he has been coaching, and will know the better ones especially well, you think.

Perris actually can't choose to go into the draft if the Swans put him on their senior list. As a scholarship player, he effectively agreed to join the Swans (if they wanted him) when he signed the scholarship. This will force the Swans to put him directly onto the senior list though, not try to persuade him to accept a rookie spot.

I do find these actions of Roos surprising and distasteful, given he has been espousing the importance of the Academy for development of the game in Sydney for years now, well before it was actually set up.
    Well in that case then Roos is really stirring up the hornets' nest (if the allegations are true) for nothing since I believe that Perris will/should go on the main list. He is a special case though being both a NSW scholarship holder and an Academy member and I think he's the only one.

Not surprised at all.

Roos has always been a double talking bull**** artist.

Look forward to us thumping the Demons next year....And not having to listen to Roos excruciating commentary during the game.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Confirmation/media speculation on the salary as Academy coach, too. $300k is decent bucks for that role, and frankly $165k still would have been.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Horse will definitely not thank Roosy this time in his acceptance speech of the Jock Mchale medal next week.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast