Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Roos officially announced as Melbourne Demons

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)

Roos officially announced as Melbourne Demons

wish him luck but i honestly thought he wouldn't take the job. Oh well.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

I didn't think all the money in the world would lure him to that basket case. Demons are still going to struggle. They have to pick up heaps of experienced players in the trade period and there are going to be those who fail to impress. There is also the possibility that some of their better players might still jump ship to have the chance of playing in a premiership. Demons have done this sort of thing before (getting a coaching legend) they got Barassi and that didn't work, John Northey (who almost got them there) & Neil Balm who had just coached premierships with Norwood in the SANFL and a Richmond legend.

I think he might improve them but win a premiership in three years not just doubtful impossible as there is too much chaff to sort out.

Senior Player
    Will he gut the list? they only gave him 2 years... maybe they think he can turn it around quicker, so less player changes. i dunno. they are a pack of squibs. Jones and a few others a lone rangers in hardness. They have some talent no doubt. But I think too many soft at the contest.

Either way, well done to them. And best of luck to Roos. He is now the temporary enemy.

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Watch LIVE: Roos to coach Demons in 2014 - AFL.com.au

This is going to be extremely hard to get used to, but thank the heavens it's not the Eagles! I really couldn't handle that.

Good luck Roosy, hopefully you can make that club relevant again. Just. Don't. Beat. Us. Ever.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

He's already a highly revered coach. If he can this basket case around, he'll become a legend. They'll be talking about him long after he's gone. He took the job to make his legacy.

I don't wish him any luck at all.. He is now an opposition coach..

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Watching the presser on now....Tell you what, it looks so odd seeing Roosey in a different team's polo.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Only 2 years with a 3rd as an option. Has just said in the presser they'll be looking up front to appoint a Senior Assistant Coach who will want to take over in a few years as Head Coach. That they're talking about looking at one over the next few weeks I suspect it'll be an assistant at a club playing finals.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I don't know, it makes me a bit sick seeing him with Melbourne colours. I'm attached, I can't help it. Sydney under Roosy was so special in the clubs history - he was the one who broke the drought he was the one who shaped our success in the modern era. I'm a bit sad now, but I'll be angry if he starts raiding our coaches and resources.

The interesting part of his presser was his acknowledgment that we let him go - honestly that really surprised me. I hope his coaching term is terrible, but I'll still love him for what he's given this club for over 17 years.

What do you mean that we let him go? We let him go now or we let him go when Horse took over?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    What do you mean that we let him go? We let him go now or we let him go when Horse took over?
    He mentioned that he had spoken to Andrew Ireland and his contract with the Swans had finished. He said that was pivotal in him coming to his final decision regarding Melbourne.

To me this is equivalent of a family member dying.

I never thought Roos would leave us.

A dark day, indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    He mentioned that he had spoken to Andrew Ireland and his contract with the Swans had finished. He said that was pivotal in him coming to his final decision regarding Melbourne.
    The hell was the club thinking?

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast