Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: Qualifying Final Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Who are you to call Longmire a very stupid coach?

Endless bleating. Was that you who said we'd never win a flag playing the style we were last year?

You may prefer the muppet show?
    Tend to agree. Tonight was horrid, but it's one game. Longmire has been brilliant as head coach, there's no denying it. As much as I feel like drinking a bottle of scotch and passing out, it's not over till it's over.

Having said that, I'm concerned about our ability to come from behind. I cant think of a single game where we've done that. I think we need Goode's leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We have one - Jetta. We didn't win enough ball in the second half to give him much of a chance but there were a couple of beautiful pinpoint passes to remind us of what he can do.
    Agree. He should start next week.

Senior Player
    Well, that was a sad start to what's going to be a bleak weekend.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Difference was

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    We have one - Jetta. We didn't win enough ball in the second half to give him much of a chance but there were a couple of beautiful pinpoint passes to remind us of what he can do.
    One thing about tonight' effort I thought Jetta looked sharp, though we did not get enough of the ball for him to have an influence. To the person who called Longmire a stupid coach, pull your head in, he is the best in the business. Tippett usually looks good for the first half and really gets a touch in the second half. Common theme with him, By the way when is it the last time we won the final quarter?? Maybe 2012???

On the Rookie List
    Well I gotta say that Longmire seems like he has become a stupid coach. Extremely stupid.

Bolton should be dropped permanently.
    Everitt should be dropped permanently.
    Hannebery has become useless ever since he let the attention go to his head halfway through the year.
    Should've played Lamb instead of Jetta. Bull@@@@@ 'pecking order'.
    McVeigh can give death stares and throw tantrums when he is mistake-free.
    It is ironically the unassuming, quiet, diligent and humble players that are playing like the real Bloods: White, Pyke, Rampe etc.

We have serious, serious problems. What would the scoreline be if Franklin and Rioli played??

We had a genuine chance to go back-to-back, but we completely @@@@@@@ it tonight.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Well, that was a sad start to what's going to be a bleak weekend.
    I started to feel sad with my head in my hands, but then I looked up quickly and said to the missus. " All`s not lost this weekend love, The Libs are gunna kick mega arse tomorrow. Yeeehh".
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Senior Player
    Do you really think Bolton will be dropped? How can we change for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Do you really think Bolton will be dropped? How can we change for next week.
    I fear he should get the tap on the shoulder that he was worried about. Morton and Lamb are both better options.

Having said that, our midfield got smashed. There's no injury excuses there.

I few things I learned today (at least with more certainty).

1. As much as I love Jude, he should have retired last year. Maybe an injury will keep him out of his goodbye game next week. All the best for the future.
    2. We can't play Tippett, Pyke and Mummy in the same side. They're all good, but one has to go. One is out of contract.
    3. Pack up Rohan and Jetta until next year. Forget Goodes as well, although I doubt he was ever a chance.
    4. We need to rotate players throughout the year. We have really faded out toward the end of the season. Everything we did today seemed a struggle. Handballing, kicking, tackling and even standing the mark. It's not for lack of effort. We just didn't have it in us.
    5. For all his progress this year, I don't think Dre has what it takes to play finals footy. But I'm happy to give him another go next year.
    6. If McGlynn has a role in the team, it should be as a tagger.
    7. We don't need another inside midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't know what our training regime was this year, but we have looked tired since the Richmond game. Something's not right. This is a very different looking team than the one that couldn't miss a target and was linking up so beautifully in mid-season. It's hard to see anything changing next week, except perhaps even looking more tired than today.
    Couldn't be that we're missing over a third of the side through injury; or that to try and inject some big game experience to remain competitive, we're playing underdone players; or that we're playing more first year players than we traditionally do; or that we lost to a team who won the minor premiership, with a Colman medalist at full forward, when we haven't beaten a top 5 side all season?

Anyone would think, reading most of these heat of the moment posts that our boys didn't care or weren't trying, as opposed to being beaten by a superior opposition.

Good luck next week boys!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I few things I learned today (at least with more certainty).

2. We can't play Tippett, Pyke and Mummy in the same side. They're all good, but one has to go. One is out of contract.
    Aren't 2 of them out of contract?
    Last edited by 0918330512; 7th September 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Regular in the Side
    Agree, worst game as coach for JL. Match ups from start were wrong, why have Ryan on Mitchell let one of the younger guys like TM or CB go to him and learn about how to play, run with him closely, by using ROK we loose one of our strengths. As for Hodge , he must have BO we never man him up ,play him defensively. Our forwards completely lost their structure after about mid qrt 2. From the ground every one was in the Hawks forward line after half, and we had no one to kick it too and when we did it was just bomber in, they must think Tippett is superman as they must think about Jesse, MP and SM. To substitute SM was amazing last week we had a fwd structure this week none. Our mids are getting beat, Kizza is struggling and has for a couple of weeks since he started to get tagged. McGlyyn was terrible so was Jude one of them should have been subbed.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Got to give credit to Hawthorn, put the pressure on when needed and increased it the longer the game went.

They were more desperate, focussed on the job.

We have been hampered by the long term injuries, but at least it has given some players an opportunity. My main gripe is that some of the senior players couldn't rise to the challenge.

Hope this is the kick in the bum they need.

Seriously doubt whether any coach could have stopped Hawthorn after half time.

We are still alive, who knows maybe from next week the stars will align and the footy gods be merciful and we can recover the skills / desire that we lost after half time tonight to go on.
    sprite

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast