Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: Qualifying Final Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn Hawks

I don't believe the talls are a problem at all. Its the delivery to them. I probably don't watch enough footy but are there many sides that do so many up and under kicks, in a state of blind panic, that hang in the air with no particular target?

Senior Player
    It's going to be a long week listening to Melbourne centric media raving about Hawthorn, probably Geelong and probably Richmond. If I hear one more commentator saying Hawthorn should have won last year I will go insane hope they lose again this year as they are whinging ducking players who kept bitching about our ruck contests.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I think we definitely missed Mattner, Shaw, AJ and Goodesy. They sure would have made a difference tonight!!

It was strange that our talls could hardly take a mark. True they were usually trying to take pack marks but so often the ball hit their hands and went to the ground, to be crumbed by the Hawks smalls. As already said, Jude, Rohan and Benny were, well where were they!!

Bringing Rohan and now Jets back in this year to me is a mistake. It is unfair to them as well as to the team. I hope I was seeing things when Rohan seemed to be runnning in the last quarter with a bit of a limp. If they bring a match unfit Goodes in next week it would be crazy. The games against the good teams are now being played at such an intense level and the finals games even more so. Goodes is good but he is not a superman.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Who on this site really thinks we will beat Rich|Carlton next week? If we do win we then get Geelong or Freo in Perth. Unforunately we really do look like we are limping in to the finals ths year tired and injured lame ducks.
    Me

Woeful selection and coaching peformance from Horse. Cunningham, Lamb, Brandon jack should all have played ahead of an underdone Hannebery, Jetta and one of the talls.

What is with our kicking down the line out of kickins? Every single time Hawthorn dropped a player back and they mopped it up. We had no run and carry whatsoever aswell. We look cooked.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Me
    +1.....not often i agree with you Jono

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Me
    Me too.

But drinking more doesn't seem to make things better.... I think that's as far as we'll go...

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Another stupid move by a very stupid coach.
    Shouldn't that be "Very stupid PREMIERSHIP WINNING coach?"

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    +1.....not often i agree with you Jono
    Really? Oh well it is the semis that count........

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Who on this site really thinks we will beat Rich|Carlton next week? If we do win we then get Geelong or Freo in Perth. Unforunately we really do look like we are limping in to the finals ths year tired and injured lame ducks.
    I have thought all season we can beat anyone other than Geelong. I am now prepared to put the hawks into that category, but I still think we can beat either of Richmond or Carlton, particularly if they have to slug it out.

But this does feel a bit like 1987 where our best footy had been played months before the finals, and we were just holding on come finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    True, but Jesse wasn't one of the 3 (I wrote : 2. We can't play Tippett, Pyke and Mummy in the same side. They're all good, but one has to go. One is out of contract.)
    Ah sorry, my mistake

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No run in the side left. Hawks ran harder and had the kicking skills to back it up. Already noted but half the team looks really underdone and with our game plan that makes it very hard to win a game against a quality team