Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: Qualifying Final Sydney Swans vs Hawthorn Hawks

I think the umps have been very good tonight.. We have made too many clangers tonight.. The coaches too.. I would have subbed Tippett before Mummy.. Hanners has been crap.. McGlynn looked dreadful right from the start.. Jetta isn't ready.. I think the back to back dream is over...

Injuries aside...this is a disgusting total embarrassment.....Last weeks effort proves this insipidity as unforgiveable. having said all that I take solace in the fact that I KNOW that we will worry away the night a lot more than the mob out on the ground will be....

I was always really sceptical about playing players who were not fit. Jetts, Hannas, Tipp & Mal are not fit. Jetts could hardly run in this company. I knew it was a mistake. We just panicked in the last half and they were very good but at the same time we were very bad. I have never seen a Swans team give up so easily and it seemed to me as though there were a few players who thought the effort wasn't worth it. I think there is a rift between those who are automatic selections and those who are battling to make the side. Jetts should not have been in that side. Nor should have Hannas, he was obviously in discomfort. Rohan is also not getting enough footy to ensure his place. I think he needs to go back and get a full pre-season next year. I would rather play rookies than unfit players thank you!

On the Rookie List
    Goodbye 2013.

If you don't win the flag, then who gives a @@@@ where you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Swans500 View Post
    Injuries aside...this is a disgusting total embarrassment.....Last weeks effort proves this insipidity as unforgiveable. having said all that I take solace in the fact that I KNOW that we will worry away the night a lot more than the mob out on the ground will be....
    Last week we at least played fit players.

On the Rookie List
    Should have subbed out Longmire.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    its going to be one hell of a prelim...hawks vs Cats/Freo/Coll

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Well the winner of Richmond and Carlton will get a preliminary final. Comprehensively beaten all over the field, it is amazing how many passengers we have out there at the moment.
    Gee we haven't even got an opponent for next week yet and we are already beat according to some!

I know we were poor tonight, and it's very hard to see us challenging anyone in the prelim final, but that's not to say that pride won't improve our performance substantially next week - especially with 2 days extra break over our opponents.

We were just outclassed tonight in the end, and we really do like tired, injured and fatigued. That's footy I guess, but I was hoping we'd find a way to kick on after half time, but not too be.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Goodbye 2013.

If you don't win the flag, then who gives a @@@@ where you finish.
    Yes you are right it doesn't matter we are finished for this year & the best scenario is we go out next week.

Having to play Cats, who will massacre us is not something we want to do, best to go out in two. Get better picks too.

We look like a team that needs a complete rebuild. Move over Melbourne Demons. We're the ones that need a priority pick.

Is there anyone on this team that can hit a target wearing a jumper with similar colours?

I would play our reserves team next week. Give them some senior finals experience. Our season is well and truly over.

Not sure that we will have to many fit players next week either - interesting selections ahead

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarck!

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast