Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Semi Final V Carlton

Changes for the Semi Final V Carlton

Where to start?

Outs. Anyone unfit
    Ins. Anyone Fit

It will probably be the same group who failed to turn up tonight I suppose.

If there are changes they will be forced ones. Personally I'd be playing Morton and Cunningham but given that we had 10 players who had ten disposals or less (including the two subs) the field to choose from to drop is large.

And some of those who had more possessions were not of afl standard anyway.

Our disposal was poor. Therefore we need to bring in good kicks. Jetts needs a full game now.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Let's bring in more underdone players! Welcome back Goodesy

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Where to start?

Outs. Anyone unfit
    Ins. Anyone Fit

It will probably be the same group who failed to turn up tonight I suppose.
    I so agree Aardvark. I was so pissed off that we played players who were unfit. I knew Jetts wasn't right you only had to look at the tape of the Twos from last week and know that. There was a doubt on Hannas and Matt Cameron cringed when asked about him, I think Matt knew he wasn't ready but they would play him anyway. Smithy was also knocked up by 3/4 time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    If there are changes they will be forced ones. Personally I'd be playing Morton and Cunningham but given that we had 10 players who had ten disposals or less (including the two subs) the field to choose from to drop is large.

And some of those who had more possessions were not of afl standard anyway.
    Harry got very little of the ball last week and was not good. I would be more inclined to bring Biggs (18 possies at 83%), BJ and Morton.

Out go Jetts, Hannas both not match fit. give them both a run in the Twos to get match fit. Any one of the about ten others could go. Birdie tried hard but butchered it too often. Macca & Mal are good for soft possession but when it gets hard or the delivery isn't perfect they both start whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Let's bring in more underdone players! Welcome back Goodesy
    Ugg I want to know why they would play these guys who were obviously not ready? Jetts & Hannas were not ready simple. I saw the Twos stream and watched the replay and Jetts didn't even impress in the Twos in his 40 mins. But Lamb did and young Biggs did in the seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I so agree Aardvark. I was so pissed off that we played players who were unfit. I knew Jetts wasn't right you only had to look at the tape of the Twos from last week and know that. There was a doubt on Hannas and Matt Cameron cringed when asked about him, I think Matt knew he wasn't ready but they would play him anyway. Smithy was also knocked up by 3/4 time.

- - - Updated - - -

Harry got very little of the ball last week and was not good. I would be more inclined to bring Biggs (18 possies at 83%), BJ and Morton.

Out go Jetts, Hannas both not match fit. give them both a run in the Twos to get match fit. Any one of the about ten others could go. Birdie tried hard but butchered it too often. Macca & Mal are good for soft possession but when it gets hard or the delivery isn't perfect they both start whining.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugg I want to know why they would play these guys who were obviously not ready? Jetts & Hannas were not ready simple. I saw the Twos stream and watched the replay and Jetts didn't even impress in the Twos in his 40 mins. But Lamb did and young Biggs did in the seniors.
    I assume ugg was being sarcastic. You cant argue to not bring in Cunningham due to lack of possessions but then say bring BJ in - he was just as ineffective as harry was.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Rampe is my new favourite player. I think they should have kept most of the outs from last week. KT did his best, but didnt get much pill to kick goals from. Did he forget what end he was on at one stage?! There was no-one in our forward 50 for the start of the third quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Rampe is my new favourite player. I think they should have kept most of the outs from last week. KT did his best, but didnt get much pill to kick goals from. Did he forget what end he was on at one stage?! There was no-one in our forward 50 for the start of the third quarter.
    Lake ran him up the field. He did the same thing last week. Not sure if whoever was in the Swans forward line at the time followed him (obviously not Tip). Hawks changed the game plan and lifted big time in the third. The players and coaches simply didn't have an answer.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    To be honest I think we need to drop Tippett and realize that recruiting him was a mistake. Ever since he has come into the side at the half way mark our form has been ordinary, I cannot recall any great performances. Not like the Collingwood, Adelaide and Essendon performance prior to KT. I am not sure if other players are upset about his big money or they are just bombing forward to him all the time without any thoughts processess? I thought our efforts last week was our best for some time and there was no KT. Maybe we could trade him to Melbourne for pick 2 next season?

Now horse is talking Goodsie up so we are going to have the unfit Goodes, Hannas and Jetta for next week with an under performing comeback kid Gary Rohan. I know, he is one of my favourite players too but he had 4 posies last week and 3 last night, we need to bite the bullet. With playing all these unfit players the next thing you know we will be resurrecting Cazaly.

Why do I treat BJ differently to Harry, BJ has as bit of the X factor about him and I don't think Harry does.

I would drop Rohan, Hannas & Jetts back to the Twos to get some form and bring in Biggs, Morton & Lamb. Benny & Jude were both terrible last night but they are at least fit and have no excuse really. Mummy and Pykie had very little possession and probably the reason Mummy was taken off but he bullocks well and protects the mids so they can get clearances. Who cares if we win next week it is about trying something new as what we are doing now is crap.

We need to look to next year and developing the young players like Xav, Membrey, Lloydy, Robbo, Harry, BJ, Lambie, Marsh, Deano etc. Developing a premiership side out of the young blokes, after all Goodes, LRT, Shaw, Teddy, Pykie etc are not going to be around forever. Not that we won't win one with the mix, that could easily be done but I think next year will be a last hurrah for most of our elders. We also need to inject some serious pace into the side and a fit Jetts, Rohan with young Harry, BJ, Lloydy, Robbo and company will be the way to the future. Deano could be a really serious forward prospect for us, he is a great kick, leads really well and is strong in the marking contest, same applies to Membrey.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    To be honest I think we need to drop Tippett and realize that recruiting him was a mistake. Ever since he has come into the side at the half way mark our form has been ordinary, I cannot recall any great performances. Not like the Collingwood, Adelaide and Essendon performance prior to KT. I am not sure if other players are upset about his big money or they are just bombing forward to him all the time without any thoughts processess? I thought our efforts last week was our best for some time and there was no KT. Maybe we could trade him to Melbourne for pick 2 next season?
    Seriously!?!
    Posts like this make me wonder whether you have ever watched our games.

We won't see his full benefit until Reid and/or Goodes is with him in the forward 50.
    Swannies for life!

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Seriously!?!
    Posts like this make me wonder whether you have ever watched our games.

We won't see his full benefit until Reid and/or Goodes is with him in the forward 50.
    actually I DO watch the game and I am not liking what I am seeing! The amount of pressure that Hodge and Mitchell had coming out of our backline was almost zero. I known people will think its crazy to drop KT, but he does not seem to fit into our style of playing. You want more talls up forward??? They say we have too many already.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast