Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other Finals Matches

I think the leadership is there. the cattle just isnt. Jack played like his life depended on it on friday night. but there just werent enough players who could get their hands on it. a lot of that was how good the hawks were and how bad the coaching set up was, and in my view a structure which allowed the hawks to be able to kick it to a hawthorn player able to run off their swans opponent with ease.

this weekend has a similar riskiness to it. carlton's skills are not as good across the park, but their elite users are elite and their pace could do us enormous damage.

Watching Port's fine victory over Collingwood reminded me what a wonderful young player is Chad Wingard. A champion for years to come I would expect. He has been named in the 2013 All Australian squad but he does not appear to have been named in the Australian indigenous squad to play against Ireland. Does anyone know why? Surely can't be on merit?

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    The most delicious thing about the weekend's results is that Hawthorn will likely have to get past Geelong in the PF to even get to the GF. If they get there, I think they will win it (as they are one side that seems to be able to work its way through Freo's defence) but I am sure they'd have been hoping not to have to front up against Geelong until the GF (if at all).
    Freo is primed beautifully to take the 2013 flag.......my head says Freo...my heart says Swannies.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Freo is primed beautifully to take the 2013 flag.......my head says Freo...my heart says Swannies.
    This is what I would like if we don't make it. Dockers 16.5 to beat Hawks 13.17 and again the Hawks would have won if they had kicked straight
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    This is what I would like if we don't make it. Dockers 16.5 to beat Hawks 13.17 and again the Hawks would have won if they had kicked straight
    Nah 16.6 to 14.17 and a free kick count in favour of Freo 25 to 8 with freo kicking 2 goals from 50 metre penalties in the last qtr

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Nah 16.6 to 14.17 and a free kick count in favour of Freo 25 to 8 with freo kicking 2 goals from 50 metre penalties in the last qtr
    ................ called against Buddy Franklin for retaliating provocations from Hayden Ballianyne.

... or Sam Mitchell gives away 50m and a goal for not returning the ball back on the full and halts the momentum of a huge Hawthorn goal rush. Pretty far fetched scenario I know and would never happen.... oh, wait
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123