Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other Finals Matches

Other Finals Matches

The 2 Saturday matches were both of a very high quality and great entertainment. Real high intensity throughout.

A lot of credit to the away sides taking it to the Melbourne establishment. The whole commentary crew were barracking for the Pies.

I would imagine our boys would have been watching the games. It will be a good reminder of what it takes to win one of these. Especially good win for PA given the youth and inexperience of the team and where they've come from.

How good is it to see collingwood the first team kicked out of finals!

Both games were games were great to watch! Freo were absolutely awesome and the prospect of facing them in a prelim at subi, should we make it that far, is daunting. Port were great too, Wingar and Wines had great first final performances. Massive effort from them to beat Collingwood at the G. What a day of Finals footy !

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Exciting games to watch. On last night's showing we would have trouble with any of them. Let's hope we can get our act (and our recovering players) together next weekend.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    How good is it to see collingwood the first team kicked out of finals!
    Yep...made my day.

I'm a helluva lot happier today with the results than last night.

I'm confident we can at least give Fremantle a close game in the Prelim.

I know it's a tad arrogant of me to assume we have already beaten the blues/tigers, but history shows that the top 4 usually make it through.

Absolutely can't stand Hawk supporters, so to see their fear (Due to the prospect of having to face Geelong in order to get to the Grand Final), is quite satisfying.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Haven't watched Freo game yet, but watching Port beat Pies was as sweet as could be.... The most heavily funded team with all their huge supporter base couldn't account for little ol Port Adelaide who won 5 games last year. Eddie had completely lost his trademark grin.
    It was momentous occasion for Port and a massive gut wrencher for the Pies . Money can't buy everything.

Best
    HP

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Both games were games were great to watch! Freo were absolutely awesome and the prospect of facing them in a prelim at subi, should we make it that far, is daunting. Port were great too, Wingar and Wines had great first final performances. Massive effort from them to beat Collingwood at the G. What a day of Finals footy !
    Yes, both games were breathtaking! And didn't mind both results, either. The prospect of a Hawthorn/Geelong PF is very exciting!

Senior Player
    Glad Freo won even if it makes it harder for us if we win next week as it also makes it harder for Richmond or Carlton and it probably means an another interstate team may possibly take it up to Hawthorn if they beat Geelong/Port. Can't wait for a Geelong/Hawthorn pre lim if it happens, hope they bash the living daylights out of each other. Ecstatic about Collingwood loss, Eddie's predictions and jumping up and down about Freo next week was priceless. At least if Swans don't get through to GF, Freo should and gives me a team in he GF that I would prefer to win than the Geelong/Hawthorn that has been predicted all year. It goes without saying I will hate Freo if we do play them in a prelim but I don't want to do an Eddie and look too far ahead. Go Swans do what is deemed the impossible and win the net 2 matches and hen the 3rd.

I know we can but will we beat Freo in Perth assuming of course we beat either Tigers or Blues?

Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Haven't watched Freo game yet, but watching Port beat Pies was as sweet as could be.... The most heavily funded team with all their huge supporter base couldn't account for little ol Port Adelaide who won 5 games last year. Eddie had completely lost his trademark grin.
    It was momentous occasion for Port and a massive gut wrencher for the Pies . Money can't buy everything.

Best
    HP
    Indeed! Came down for the footy finals weekend. Whilst its was extremely disappointing we lost v the Hawks, I felt a heck of a lot better when Port beat Collingwood. Watching the Pies stream out of the MCG was priceless!
    Swannies for life!

Goes up to 11
    Port have cheered up the AFL no end.

I'm ok with playing at Subi IF we can get thru next weekend....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast