Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mumford?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    It appears Mummy will be going to Collingwood (Jolly will be gone) and Heath Shaw to Sydney. Also that Mummy will not be playing this week? Also leigh tudor will join Roos at Melbourne. That is what I am hearing.
    At this time of year you have to be careful not to believe everything you hear / read. Not saying none of the above will eventuate but rumours start and gets legs from practically nothing, and most turn out to be way wide of the mark. A few days ago, Tudor "had signed at North". And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, SEN reckon Mummy to Hawks is close to a done deal. I've learned not to worry about what you hear, read and can't control. What happens, happens. Last time we lost our number one draft pick we came out of it just fine.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    It appears Mummy will be going to Collingwood (Jolly will be gone) and Heath Shaw to Sydney. Also that Mummy will not be playing this week? Also leigh tudor will join Roos at Melbourne. That is what I am hearing.
    The article you quote says Mumford is close to re-signing with Sydney! Longmire also said in his interview that the four talls had shown good form over the last few weeks and that Mummy was good in the first game against Hawthorn. By the way it is now official. Collingwood has cut Jolly.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Suspended by the MRP
    In my non insider opinion Mumfords best option is GWS. He does not have to move away from Beautiful Bondi where he lives and will be a very handy experienced body that GWS needs. There would be room in their salary cap to give him a bigger and longer deal. GWS just needs to tell him to nominate for the preseason draft in November and he is there's.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    In my non insider opinion Mumfords best option is GWS. He does not have to move away from Beautiful Bondi where he lives and will be a very handy experienced body that GWS needs. There would be room in their salary cap to give him a bigger and longer deal. GWS just needs to tell him to nominate for the preseason draft in November and he is there's.
    Would be a much better proposition than their blathering about Buddy.
    But I hope Mummy stays where he is.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

If Daisy Thomas is off to Carlton and the AFL grant Collingwood pick 11 as compensation, then they will have 2 mid 1st round draft picks and may be willing to offer up one for Mummy.

In a strange twist, we might want to sign Jolly to a one year rookie contract as a ruck insurance policy if White should go as well. This would buy us time to see how Naismith and new American recruit Patrick Mitchell come along next year. Jolly will say he's sick of family life and needs a break.

I'd be happy to keep both Mummy and White or lose them both if we can get a couple of additional picks in the teens. I think we can develop a quick exciting team with both gone by opening up spots for the likes of Towers, Membrey, Biggs and Cunningham added to the return to form of Rohan and Jetta. The complexion of the team would change significantly, but I think it would be 'soooooo exciting'.

All a bit of wild speculation, but helps fill the nervous space before Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Daisy Thomas is off to Carlton and the AFL grant Collingwood pick 11 as compensation, then they will have 2 mid 1st round draft picks and may be willing to offer up one for Mummy.
    Why would the AFL be giving Colling wood pick 11 for a trade wirh Carlton?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Why would the AFL be giving Colling wood pick 11 for a trade wirh Carlton?
    I think he's a free agent this year.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    By the way it is now official. Collingwood has cut Jolly.
    The first cut is the deepest..........................poor fella.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I think he's a free agent this year.
    Oh ok, thanks Aardy, makes sense.

Senior Player
    All this kind of talk while the season is still live gives me the irrits.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    All this kind of talk while the season is still live gives me the irrits.
    Just a suggestion but maybe dont go on footy based forums and especially not a thread about a possible trades if it gives you the 'irrits' .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by On-Baller View Post
    Just a suggestion but maybe dont go on footy based forums and especially not a thread about a possible trades if it gives you the 'irrits' .
    Gee thanks for that helpful piece of advice on-baller. I'll certainly be taking that on board next time.

Perhaps I just have way too much respect for the players, and foolishly consider Mumford to be a highly valued member of the team.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast