Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mumford?

Mumford?

Have heard a strong rumour that Heath Shaw will be moving to sydney in exchange for Mummy. Personally I hope this is not true and how Mumford could turn his back on the club would really annoy me. We took this bloke from Geelong and had enough faith in him to offer him a four year contract over 1 million for him to want to leave. I still maintain he is the most important player in our team. Look at friday night. He had no impact around the stoppages and we got killed. His like a second midfielder. Get it done Beatson. Do not want Shaw. He is a petulant child when things don't go his way and we don't need that sort of attitude at our club.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Have heard a strong rumour that Heath Shaw will be moving to sydney in exchange for Mummy. Personally I hope this is not true and how Mumford could turn his back on the club would really annoy me. We took this bloke from Geelong and had enough faith in him to offer him a four year contract over 1 million for him to want to leave. I still maintain he is the most important player in our team. Look at friday night. He had no impact around the stoppages and we got killed. His like a second midfielder. Get it done Beatson. Do not want Shaw. He is a petulant child when things don't go his way and we don't need that sort of attitude at our club.
    Could have said the same thing about Rhys a few years ago.

I dont know how true this with the Shaw and Mumford swap but I agree with everything you've said. Heath has a poor attitude, would much rather Ben Reid

If this is true, Collingwood must also be throwing in a sweetener. Mumford I'm my opinion is worth more than Shaw. Maybe swans could manage to get b. Reid as well tic

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    This seems to be a contradiction. How can he be our most important player when we lost because he played poorly?

I would trade him in a flash for Ben Reid, but can't see the value of Heath Shaw, who seems to be a fading star who plays a position we have well covered. Also can't see why the Pies would want Mummy when they have a rising star ruckman in Grundy.

I also don't see Mummy wanting to leave the Swans, but would suggest if he does move, it will be rather that we see more value in what we can get in exchange for him than what he can offer the club going forward. I see a real problem in playing all of Pyke, Tippett and Mummy. I don't think whether Jesse stays or goes changes that equation.

Senior Player
    Was only 4 years ago Mumford turned his back on another club for a longer contract/coin/security. Why are we to blame him now for doing the same again? Because it doesn't suit us? He helped bring us a flag. If we can't come to terms that are healthy for us all, we all move on.

Heath would be fantastic after losing Marty. His attitude etc is no worse than others we have got. Also look back at the moaning about us getting his brother....

All that being said, i'd rather us have Mumford. but the league isn't built on hope and dreams.

Veterans List
    The rumour sounds like a bit of 2+2=4 stuff, Shaw seemingly disgruntled at the Pies and has a brother loving it in Sydney plus Mummy not re-signing yet.

Not sure Mummy is really needed by the Pies with the emergence of Grundy and Witts on the rise. He is however needed big time by GWS and they have the salary cap (assumig Buddy doesn't go there which seems less likely by the day) and plenty of trade options to make it happen.

Don't want us to lose Mummy but we would be well rewarded by GWS if he wants to go for bigger $ and to be the No.1 ruckman again.

I'm a bit lukewarm on Heath Shaw but if he arrives with a changed attitude he could be a very valuable player for another 3-4 years which is when our premiership window will be at it's most open.

Veterans List
    I think we may have helped keep Buddy at the Hawks.

I dont want to lose mummy, but I am pretty well resigned to him going. I dont actually have a problem with it given that I believe that employees should be pretty much allowed to go wherever they want to work once they are off contract.

If it does happen its just part of the end of year cycle of players coming or going. I personally still miss Sean Dempster.

I'm sure the club are already factoring in strategies for a replacement for him, and rhys has been one of the real leaders at our club since coming across and I for one have no problem with a guy who wants to come and play with his brother. Man I'd be wanting to do it if I made the grade. Its then up to the club to make him play like a swan.

As an aside though I think the trade is somewhat weighted in favour of the pies and I reckon an upgrade of draft picks woulodnt be unreasonable

Mumford to pies has been doing rounds for a couple of months at least, cant see pies giving up Reid, not a big fan of Heath Shaw the person but he certainly can play and as mentioned above Rhyce was known as a bit of a nuff too until he came to us. Having said that you would want at least 2 players for Mummy or one and a decent pick thrown in.

it felt like the last two times we played the hawks Hale alone beat pyke and mummy in the ruck

thing could be wrong as i havent researched whether this is true but visually Hale appeared to dominate

Pyke and White rotation with LRT is still a good combo
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Pyke and White as our ruckmen would be a calamity. If Mumford left it would leave a gaping hole in our list. The club hopefully has a backup plan if he decides to move on.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast