Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mumford?

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    I'm getting worried. The pies wouldn't delist Jolly if they didn't think they could poach another ruckman. I want their pick 10 or 11 for Mumford if he leaves.
    They've already started playing Grundy as their no.1 ruckman. He's going to be a star. Jolly is just too slow for AFL level.

The rumours about Mumford leaving are based on pretty slender threads. If the club wants him to stay, I'm sure he will stay.

Our talls are getting on though.
    LRT - just turned 30
    Pyke- turns 30 in six months
    Mumford - just turned 27
    Tippett - 26

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    That was my initial thought however if Buckley keeps Hudson on their list then I'm not so sure. They highly rate both Grundy & Witts and along with Lynch & Hudson may just run with what they have. Grundy has thrown a fly in the ointment with his impressive form and it certainly ended Jolly's time at Collingwood. If they're smart, and if Thomas leaves, they should use any early draft picks to keep bringing in young kids. I believed once they lost Davis, Wellingham, possibly Thomas, and retirements to Johnson, delistings to Jolly and Didak that their premiership window has now closed for at least 3 to 4 years. Yes, even with Pendlebury, Beames, Cloke & Swan on their list. Insiders say that Swan & Heath Shaw are completely pissed off with Buckley on the treatment of Didak. I won't be surprised to see Shaw traded and they tried to trade Swan to GWS last year although they (Eddie & Co) denied it. It is not a happy club and Buckley is doing to the playing list as a coach, as he did as captain, to exert his authority. Collingwood's social media sites have gone into meltdown since their team's exit from the finals and the delistings added fuel to the fire (especially Didak's popularity with their fans).
    I would not be surprised if Harry O'Brien asks to be traded too.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

If Mumford was 100% fit, then we should keep him. Potentially he could be a corner stone of our team for next 5 years or so. But the rumours down here in Gippsland are that his back is stuffed and it is going to be managed for rest of his career. IF that is true, and it is a big IF, then we should trade him while he has currency. Melbourne and GWS have said that are willing to trade their top picks. Lets try and make a deal. Picks 1 or 2 don't come around very often. And there is a big fish in Boyd potentially there for the taking.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Rodney is funnier.

Edit: Was
    Yep, one of the best.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veterans List
    Mumford is not going to Collingwood, they've just re-signed Ben Hudson for another year as a mature age rookie. That gives them plenty of ruck stocks.

If we are considering Heath Shaw, it will be done for a ND pick. Given Heath's age of 28 and attitude problems highlighted last wekend our second rounder should get it done. I am however a bit 50/50 about whether I want him at the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Mumford is not going to Collingwood, they've just re-signed Ben Hudson for another year as a mature age rookie. That gives them plenty of ruck stocks.
    Backup in case they don't get Mummy maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

If we are considering Heath Shaw, it will be done for a ND pick. Given Heath's age of 28 and attitude problems highlighted last wekend our second rounder should get it done. I am however a bit 50/50 about whether I want him at the Swans.
    Is that referring to National Draft or our ND Policy?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Is that referring to National Draft or our ND Policy?
    Or are we going to turn to one of our all time greats and say "you've done the Collingwood to Sydney thing before, YOU make the call!"
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Yep, one of the best.
    Did somebody step on a duck?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    I would not be surprised if Harry O'Brien asks to be traded too.
    Swans with a brazillian. Too smooth a trade for me.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345