Thread: Sammy Reid has the AFLs tick of approval!

Warming the Bench

Thumbs up Sammy Reid has the AFLs tick of approval!

IMG_0772.jpg

Good to see the afl thinks Sammy is gonna be a big star!

They made a squeal? Who put up the money for that? First one was woeful.
    -

Can't tell if it's a foot to ball or karaoke/dance game.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    They made a squeal? Who put up the money for that? First one was woeful.
    Different company, totally different game.

$64 at JB btw.

Sam Reid looks like Voldemort here

Senior Player
    apparently it's an improvement over AFL Live 1

Still getting use to controls, game play is a bit slow, but could be because I've got the difficulty on medium due to still learning how everything works, set shots are hard! I keep missing from right out in front, clearly missing something.

It's been ok, I was expecting better.

Warming the Bench
    I thought it wasn't coming out til the 12th? I know this isn't gonna sound very swans like but Gary Ablett should have been on the cover.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    set shots are hard! I keep missing from right out in front, clearly missing something.
    Maybe that's Sam's influence?

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wish they would develop an AFL strategy game similar to Football Manager (Soccer). A game where you can have a career as a club owner or coach and draft/delist players, structure game plans/positional moves, manage marketing/stadium/membership etc. I'm not so much into playing the game through a console and happy to run the game through an A1 system. I enjoy growing the club/player list through strategy decision.

The closest AFL game that tried some years ago was Premiership Coach but I think it stopped and it only went for 1 career year.

Anyone know any different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I wish they would develop an AFL strategy game similar to Football Manager (Soccer). A game where you can have a career as a club owner or coach and draft/delist players, structure game plans/positional moves, manage marketing/stadium/membership etc. I'm not so much into playing the game through a console and happy to run the game through an A1 system. I enjoy growing the club/player list through strategy decision.

The closest AFL game that tried some years ago was Premiership Coach but I think it stopped and it only went for 1 career year.

Anyone know any different?
    ..and as a side point, the use of Sam's image probably falls under the AFL's third party deal and not included under the salary cap....sweeeet!

First off... nothing... I mean nothing beats the original:

A few of my friends from Qld were not brought up in an Aussie Rules household but were converted merely because of this game.

Second... onya Reidy!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    First off... nothing... I mean nothing beats the original:

A few of my friends from Qld were not brought up in an Aussie Rules household but were converted merely because of this game.

Second... onya Reidy!
    Haha that is as good as "Super International Cricket" on SNES - an absolute classic. Indeed, I have that NES Aussie Rules Footy on an emulator on my phone lol!

I've heard the new game is an improvement on the previous one, which was just dreadful. Might have to finally get round to getting a PS3 and getting the game to keep me entertained over the off season!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."