Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: reignite season

Freo won't take their eye off the ball. They are very well drilled, and it will be irrelevant to them how their opponent has won the previous week. You know, the kind of discipline the Swannies have when they are not injury-ridden and exhausted. Even if Dan says we're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    If Freo take their eye off the ball ....
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Freo won't take their eye off the ball.....
    Probably not, but it was the only straw I could see to clutch on to....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

If we win by a point, they will say we barely beat the 9th placed team and if we win by a 100 they will say we only beat the 9th placed team. We cannot win in their eyes so we'll win where it really counts - on the field.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    Freo won't take their eye off the ball. They are very well drilled, and it will be irrelevant to them how their opponent has won the previous week. You know, the kind of discipline the Swannies have when they are not injury-ridden and exhausted. Even if Dan says we're not.
    More important is whether the umps keep their eyes open on and off the ball. I'm confident of beating Carlton. I'm not confident that freo will not get away with the off the ball crap the cats got away with at Skilled.

Who cares about nat sayers. if another club was in our position with our record over the last 6 weeks I would be all but writing them off.

Win against Carlton by any margin and get some more game time and fitness into returning players is all we can do. Then we live to fight another weekend in september and despite what anyone says about our list and circumstances if we get to Fremantle the 22 on the field will give it their best shot and IMO give it a good shake.

The ideal would be to hit top form for the finals. Due to various circumstances we obviously haven't been at top form the last few weeks, but given the group we have and the fact that things can change quickly in footy other clubs will write us off at their peril. I believe you need luck as well as talent and good organisation to win a flag, last year we had a good run, this year not so good but if those who have recently come back and those coming back can improve each week for the next 3 weeks we are a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares about nat sayers. if another club was in our position with our record over the last 6 weeks I would be all but writing them off.

Win against Carlton by any margin and get some more game time and fitness into returning players is all we can do. Then we live to fight another weekend in september and despite what anyone says about our list and circumstances if we get to Fremantle the 22 on the field will give it their best shot and IMO give it a good shake.

The ideal would be to hit top form for the finals. Due to various circumstances we obviously haven't been at top form the last few weeks, but given the group we have and the fact that things can change quickly in footy other clubs will write us off at their peril. I believe you need luck as well as talent and good organisation to win a flag, last year we had a good run, this year not so good but if those who have recently come back and those coming back can improve each week for the next 3 weeks we are a chance.

OMG.
    We're stuffed.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    OMG.
    We're stuffed.
    Eloquently put my dear. Completely accurate too!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    OMG.
    We're stuffed.
    That's it I'm off to the TAB to take some juicy 2013 premier odds.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    That's it I'm off to the TAB to take some juicy 2013 premier odds.
    League Teams has a table for last 7 weeks and titled "Swans Dive"

Contested Possessions 11th
    Uncontested Possessions 17th
    Inside 50s 12th
    Tackles 12th

Hardly Premier material and Kevy would have a greater chance to be Labour leader than the Swans as premiers this year.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12