Thread: Last time we played Carlton in a final

Last time we played Carlton in a final

Ahead of this weekend's game, I've watched these highlights about 50 times. I'm alot less nervous watching than I was that day!

A few thoughts:
    *Jesse had a great game
    *It was the finest hour of TDL as a Swan. Although he isn't still playing, someone else is wearing #8 and hopefully he can play just as well as TDL did that day
    *Everyone looks so much younger!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Let's hope the end result is the same, although a larger winning margin would be better for the heart!

Of all the teams we have played over the past two decades, Carlton have been one of the few teams we have consistently beaten.

In fact, as far back as 1994 (When we were the absolute worst team imaginable. GWS standards), we still managed to defeat them. We even absolutely spanked them in 1995 (Their premiership year).

Not sure why this is. Must be a curse on them.

Fairly confident going in... but you never know with sneaky pricks like Malthouse and Judd. We have to be on top of our game.

Quote Originally Posted by dawson View Post
    Ahead of this weekend's game, I've watched these highlights about 50 times. I'm alot less nervous watching than I was that day!

*Everyone looks so much younger!

As one of those going bananas up in the stands that day, and as I look in the mirror, I can empathise with that!!

That was a great day at the footy. Really hot sitting in the sun I remember - I was not far from the TDL tackle pocket. Great game of footy and we got the result.

Same result on Saturday please, but hopefully a bit more comfortable than that.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I'd rather think of the last time we played Freo in a prelim but alas different team and different times won't amount to the previous result.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Warming the Bench
    Chelsey Roffey still looks incredible.