Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Eastern Conference Grand Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Belconnen Magpies

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg, terrific coverage.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    I'll third that. Thanks Ugg for your magnificent work previewing and reporting on the reserves.

I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the Swans list manager right now. He (or she) has some serious headaches coming up. Each and every one of our rookie listed players has an incredibly strong case to be kept on next year, our second year players have shown glimpses, especially towards the end of the year, that they are worth persevering with and last year's ND draftees are all contracted, regardless of what they have shown. Add to that the fact that our fringier type players (including those who've played some senior footy this year) are mostly all contracted for next year and it's hard to see what gives.

Even looking at the local lads who've played as toppies this year, there are a few likely candidates. Aside from Perris, I think YJW might be worth a look as a different kind of player to those currently on our list. And while I don't think he is eligible as an Academy player, Thomas 'Plug' Head is well worth thinking about.

... spot on liz!

Almost a case of recruiting too well!

Add to that the flow of talented youngsters starting to emerge from the academy program as it matures ... this has been high lighted already by the ease of their GF win last week, compared to the struggles when they got there the 2 previous years. And achieved with a substantial injury list.

The recent GWS game at ANZ also showed where our recruitment and development sat ... GWS fielded 17 listed players where we had 10 (I think?) and the academy and top up players beat their "paid" opponents all over the park in a dominant win.

They will find it harder this week in Brisbane, but yet again, a good barometer ...

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    ... spot on liz!

Almost a case of recruiting too well!

Add to that the flow of talented youngsters starting to emerge from the academy program as it matures ... this has been high lighted already by the ease of their GF win last week, compared to the struggles when they got there the 2 previous years. And achieved with a substantial injury list.

The recent GWS game at ANZ also showed where our recruitment and development sat ... GWS fielded 17 listed players where we had 10 (I think?) and the academy and top up players beat their "paid" opponents all over the park in a dominant win.

They will find it harder this week in Brisbane, but yet again, a good barometer ...
    12 against 17 according to the wiki.

Cheers ugg, I knew you'd know ... your worth more money ... with Roosy gone, you should get your manager onto that!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Stats

http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_u..._Week_Four.pdf

Disposals
    Armstrong 35
    Lamb 24
    Lockyer 28
    Lloyd 27
    Towers 16
    Wray 8

Perris 30
    Membrey 3goals5behinds