Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Swans v Blues Game Day Thread

BT at his all time worse last night at the start of the final quarter. Surely that form of barracking disguised as commentary is punishable

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    BT at his all time worse last night at the start of the final quarter. Surely that form of barracking disguised as commentary is punishable
    It was pretty blatant, wasn't it? BT is definitely the worse commentator in the business, even Captain Obvious (aka Bruce) is more tolerable.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    The Big Turkey was probably trying to stop people from switching off Ch 7. He did go on but then did stop half way through the quarter.

I thought Richo was very funny in his responses and is always great to listen to.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Warming the Bench
    PROUD SUPPORTER
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Veterans List
    Betts had 9 possessions and Garlett 3. As usual I suspect Smith got Betts but I am interested to know if Biggs got Garlett, because if he did he deserves the 3 votes. I was at a party so missed the finer points of who played on who, particularly with the sound down. No doubt we have found a player in Biggs. Harry to me doesn't want to get his shorts dirty at this stage of his career, but all the same was good last night.

Also noticed that even though his stats were a bit lower Kennedy seemed to have a lot more clear possessions than previous weeks. The opposition was weaker granted, but he appeared to get a bit more forward of centre on his own which has been a hallmark of his in previous seasons.

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    For those at the ground, was Bird on Murphy or Gibbs (or Judd for that matter but less likely), none of them really had an impact and whomever shut them down should be commended. Hard to pick up from the telecast who to credit. Thanks

On the Rookie List
    Well I am impressed. Swans were incredible last night. Destroying a team when you're down rotations, minus many of your best players and already fatigued - in a final - on a shocking surface - not on your home ground - that just shouldn't happen in modern football.

Re Richards - Buddy's hit was graded medium impact, and it just about ripped Malceski's head off. There is no way that Richard's hit was the same impact. It has to be low impact. However - enter the corruption and politics for the sheeple (mostly in Victoria and WA in this instance): it LOOKED the same as Buddy's and Chapman's hit. It wasn't the same, but LOOKED the same. So Ted might be punished out of necessity by the MRP for appearances sake, not guilt.

Also, the MRP said that Buddy's priors were too long ago and did not factor in to their penalty.

How the hell do we win next week?? Can't see us winning without Richards.

If I were Longmire, I'd set a very light week on the track and just do @@@@loads of skills training and goal kicking - so we minimise turnovers and take the few chances we'll get next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Franklin wasn't suspended for the late hit though, it was for high contact and that's the same charge that Ted will receive
    Yes that's right....IMHO the fact that it was late should constitute Reckless rather than Negligent, both for punitive reasons and because the player/victim would not (and should not) be prepared to receive contact in that situation.....like Stevie J on Hanners which was off the ball....Whilst it could be argued that Teddy ran past he ball....really all he was doing was laying a shepherd within 5 metres and absolute in play so Negligent is the appropriate call in this situation.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Senior Player
    And we get to be called the reigning premiers for at least another week

You really need to see the replay to appreciate just how hard some of the not so obvious worked. Bird, who I thought was not involved, Drey (forgive me), the fantastic effort from Jesse, the work by Smooch and Rampe who spent some time on Judd for pete's sake! Shiggsy, Harry, as for Jared - sheesh. Bet he slept well !!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

That team in Red & White looked familiar; quick hands, accurate kicks, not so many high bombs, fumbles or dropped marks. It was the effort that impressed the most, you could win a premiership with that level of intent. Relatively clean and sharp on a greasy ground, perfect preparation for a slippery Subiaco.

Much praise to share around from Saturday night. An authoritative performance from McVeigh showed the way with Parker, Jack, Hanners and the rest following in fine form. Especially gratifying to see Grundy in good touch and White's rise continue while the crusties and the kids provided a solid contribution. Jetta, you've been missed.

To the far west and success.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112