Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Prelim Final v Fremantle

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    With all our injuries ..

In: McGlynn, Lamb, Kenny, Colless, Longmire!

So proud to have even made the prelim!
    Darn right. It's been a massive performance to get to where we are. Absolutely massive!

I've slowed down Teds bump. He is in trouble.

He stayed grounded and was shepherding but the point of his shoulder hits Caboults head as the first contact. Is it worth a week? Not sure.

I would be surprised if he got off though. I'm expecting a week. Hopefully not!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    McVeigh on Game Day said that Benny will most certainly come back next week and Rohan and LRT will be up for selection as well. He was hoping that the run today would help him with his fitness.

He was asked if there was any possibility that Goodes would play again this year. He just unconvincingly (IMO) shrugged his shoulders and said that "they have ruled him out for the season". I am still hoping that the Swans are playing "smoke and mirrors" with that one.

Swans have also won last 4 at Subi.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Goodes just tweeted he's in Canberra to watch the ressies. Maybe he could sneakily come on wearing Towers' guernsey
    Last edited by ugg; 15th September 2013 at 11:42 AM.

Veterans List
    Noone saying we have to drop Jude for this one? That's a turnaround from last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Noone saying we have to drop Jude for this one? That's a turnaround from last week.
    There were several surprisingly good performances from a few players under scrutiny this year. Jude was one of them. Another one was Grundy, who looked a different player. It was probably the best Richards-Grundy combo for the season. I was also impressed with Everitt's game. He was very solid defensively last night.

Suspended by the MRP
    Great call Ludwig! Richards, Grundy and Everette were superb last night!

Richards last month has been great and I hope he gets through to take on the Pav.

Rampe was also strong and it was great to see that the Swans have the confidence to put Rampe on Chris Judd when he was resting in the forward line!

Sadly for everitt that is two weeks in a row he has missed a goal by about a metre. I wish he'd kicked them both. It would do wonders for his confidence, and would force players to pay him a bit more respect.

I think ted is sure to go. Sadly. I can't see how running past the ball to shepherd improves the case at all.

Sure will make our defence look like our reserves.

We are still some way off our best footy. In the third quarter we missed a sequence of targets which against the hawks got punished but we were able to get it back again. If we actually hit targets regularly next week we are in the game with a sneaky chance.

But I am really delighted with this team. Their commitment is unsurpassed in the league.

Ins: Lamb and McGlynn

Outs: Tippett, Mitchell

LRT in for Richards if he gets suspended.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I would've dropped Jude, but he showed that while the legs might have slowed, the hands and the mind are still in good working order.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    I can't see how running past the ball to shepherd improves the case at all.
    Running past the ball is irrelevant in shepherding situations.

It's almost a requirement, is it not?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

One thing that cannot change is McVeigh back into the half back position. He needs to spend the majority of the time in the midfield and around the stoppages. Yes, I realise he has been fantastic at half back, but that is because he is an elite player who can adapt to any situation. From a team point of view, he needs to be back in the midfield, dishing out quick fire handballs. Biggs, I think, comfortably slots into that position anyway.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast