Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Prelim Final v Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The Age has an article titled "Cats sweat on Chapman", but it covers Ted as well. There is a box in the print edition that didn't make it into the online edition. It reads as follows:
    REPORTS' PREDICTIONS
    Reported: Paul Chapman (Geel) rough conduct to Robbie Gray (PA). Reckless, low impact, hihi contact. 225 points (2 matches); 168.75 points with guity plea (1 match)
    Ted Richards (Syd) rough conduct to Levi Casboult (Carl). Negligent, low impact, high contact. 125 points (1 match); 93.75 with guilty plea (reprimand).
    That's how I saw it. Chapman left the ground, Ted didn't; seems to make a difference with the panel.
    If this is accurate , then fantastic. I was worried that as it was a shepard, and he therefore hit him with intent, it might be deemed to be reckless....

Negligent would be a great, and fair, result..As others have said, he didn't leave the ground.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Suspended by the MRP
    Hope Richards gets through, as he has been in superb form and I would back him to get the better of the Pav.

With all the Swans Injury concerns have the reserves had to tame their premiership celebrations as anyone could be called up to the next senior game or the game after that if they get through?

Is anybody aware of Ted's judiciary record? I can't recall any previous suspension, so he may be eligible for a 25% discount for a ?good record?. This combined with early guilty plea, may bring it under 1 week.

Players will now only qualify for the ?good record? discount ? that is, a 25% reduction in the total demerit points applicable to the Reportable Offence for which they are charged ? if they have maintained a history over the previous six years in which they have not missed a match through suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Hope Richards gets through, as he has been in superb form and I would back him to get the better of the Pav.

With all the Swans Injury concerns have the reserves had to tame their premiership celebrations as anyone could be called up to the next senior game or the game after that if they get through?
    No need for concern...They play 'another grand final', this week against the Lions, so they'll be in finals mode just like the 1's.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Is anybody aware of Ted's judiciary record? I can't recall any previous suspension, so he may be eligible for a 25% discount for a ?good record?. This combined with early guilty plea, may bring it under 1 week.

Players will now only qualify for the ?good record? discount ? that is, a 25% reduction in the total demerit points applicable to the Reportable Offence for which they are charged ? if they have maintained a history over the previous six years in which they have not missed a match through suspension.
    225 * 0.75 * 0.75 = 126.56 still a one week suspension.

Veteran Site Admin
    Ted got a reprimand two or three seasons ago for striking. I thought it was a bit soft at the time - it was a late spoil that did make high contact but it did look to be a genuine attempt at a spoil. It was one of those ones where there was no point contesting, but it does mean he now doesn't have a clean record.

My guess is that it will come back low impact, negligent and he'll be free to play.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Richards was reprimanded for striking last year but his 70.31 demerit points expired in round five this season.
    Good thing that the points expired otherwise he wouldn't be able to escape with a reprimand.

Math's was never my strong point. Looks like we are hanging our hat on negligent then.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Math's was never my strong point. Looks like we are hanging our hat on negligent then.
    I can do maths. If only I could do MRP.

Out: Richards and Mitchell
    In: LRT and Lamb

If Tippett is unable to play I'd bring in Morton

Senior Player
    Swans Twitter feed:

Swans defender @tedrichards25 can accept a reprimand for rough conduct on Levi Casboult in last Saturday night's semi final
    Twitter / sydneyswans: Swans defender @tedrichards25 ...

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Sweet!

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast