Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Important info about registering for GF tickets

On the Rookie List
    Agree with Triple B. You would be really unlucky to miss out on the Prio 2. Because we are an interstate side the number of members prepared to travel means that the demand is never as great. I've not heard of a prio 2 missing out before. It does seem to be a waste of the prio 1 guarantee though.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Don't think I'm prepared to take that chance. So will register separately.
    Good man. Let her fend for herself with the rest of the members. She might count your drinks if she is sitting next to you or worse - drink them!
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Agree with Triple B. You would be really unlucky to miss out on the Prio 2. Because we are an interstate side the number of members prepared to travel means that the demand is never as great. I've not heard of a prio 2 missing out before. It does seem to be a waste of the prio 1 guarantee though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    In all seriousness, if you really want to sit with your missus, the chances of Priority 2 missing out are almost zero if last years sales are a guide. Every Category got a seat last year, 1, 2 and 3 and we still gave some back. From last year, the AFL have set aside more tickets for the competing clubs, hence the price hike from 2011 to offset the less seats for corporates.

If Collingwood or Richmond were in the mix I mightn't be so sure, but there were plenty to go around last year against Hawthorn and Geelong are no bigger...
    Hi All,

Thought I'd check in to see how you were all travelling with any Grand Final registration questions!

Swansongster, GoSouth33 and TripleB, I just want to advise some caution around Priority 2 registrations. We have over 7,000 more members on board this year, and as a result, we're expecting significantly more registrations through our Club allocation. Priority 3 members have been notified that there is a chance that their registration period may not even go ahead, should we be oversubscribed by the time their designated time starts at 5pm tomorrow. Best to make the most of a Priority 1 guarantee if you can.

For Priority 3 members, best to follow @SwansSupport on twitter, or check our FAQ's page at 5pm tomorrow to find out if your ballot registration period will go ahead.

Happy registering everyone!

Jenny
    Last edited by Jenny; 17th September 2013 at 10:04 AM.

Hi Jenny,

Do you (or anyone else) know how the ballot works ?

If all registrations were for 1 ticket, then I can see how it would work.
    But registrations are for varying numbers of tickets.

Does each membership on a registration go in the ballot with an equal chance of being drawn (and if they aren't all drawn whole registration fails)
    or
    Does each registration have an equal chance of being drawn
    or
    Is there a weighting applied to each registration in line with the number of memberships on it ?

Is there any chance that the preference votes that trickle down from the Australian Sports Party will influence the ballot ?

Cheers,
    Andy
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it was established last year that it's one entry per registration.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hi All,

Thought I'd check in to see how you were all travelling with any Grand Final registration questions!

Swansongster, GoSouth33 and TripleB, I just want to advise some caution around Priority 2 registrations. We have over 7,000 more members on board this year, and as a result, we're expecting significantly more registrations through our Club allocation. Priority 3 members have been notified that there is a chance that their registration period may not even go ahead, should we be oversubscribed by the time their designated time starts at 5pm tomorrow. Best to make the most of a Priority 1 guarantee if you can.

For Priority 3 members, best to follow @SwansSupport on twitter, or check our FAQ's page at 5pm tomorrow to find out if your ballot registration period will go ahead.

Happy registering everyone!

Jenny
    Thanks Jenny. I will be taking your advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Hi Jenny,

Do you (or anyone else) know how the ballot works ?

If all registrations were for 1 ticket, then I can see how it would work.
    But registrations are for varying numbers of tickets.

Does each membership on a registration go in the ballot with an equal chance of being drawn (and if they aren't all drawn whole registration fails)
    or
    Does each registration have an equal chance of being drawn
    or
    Is there a weighting applied to each registration in line with the number of memberships on it ?

Is there any chance that the preference votes that trickle down from the Australian Sports Party will influence the ballot ?

Cheers,
    Andy

We should start an RWO Party and try to get a representative up in each state. Liz at the top of the NSW senate ticket and ScottH for Victoria.

Senior Player
    If any of you need a couple of priority 2 (Platinum11 memberships) barcodes for the Grandy, just PM me..my wife and I have MCC membership so are OK for the day. You'll need to register tmw (Wed).. I think between midday and 4pm..

I have only one membership P2 but don't want to travel to Melb on my own. Is there a chance that someone who can't go down would lend me their barcode ? I need 2. Please wish me luck.

Almost Football Legend
    A word of warning. If you are unable to attend, your barcode number is hot property. Don't give it to just anyone - they may be opposition supporters or scalpers.
    If someone's only just registered, or their post history suggests they've only ever posted about tickets in the past, it's not a good idea to give them your barcode number. You're better off giving it to someone with a solid record of posting about football-related matters on here; and ensuring a true supporter gets to go.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

I will have a P1 barcode available - I spent all my money going down last year so I'm too broke this year, but I don't want to waste the ticket if someone else can use it. PM me if anyone's interested. (Only people with 1 gazillion posts qualify as per the post above)
    Murphy, you are... a... elf

Does anyone want some kids P2 barcodes?

I have four (if I can find them all) and the kids will be interstate at Grandma's. Offer only available to regular posters.

Really sorry that I don't regulary post. I do regularly read all you guys' posts. I thought you would love to have as many hard core swans lovers there as possible. I have been a member for several years and have gone to most games since 1995. However, I do understand that my little group of 4 among 100,000 could taint your enjoyment of the game.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast