Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Important info about registering for GF tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    Really sorry that I don't regulary post. I do regularly read all you guys' posts. I thought you would love to have as many hard core swans lovers there as possible. I have been a member for several years and have gone to most games since 1995. However, I do understand that my little group of 4 among 100,000 could taint your enjoyment of the game.
    Relax:
    1 gazillion = about 50 in the new maths.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Hi Jenny,

Do you (or anyone else) know how the ballot works ?

If all registrations were for 1 ticket, then I can see how it would work.
    But registrations are for varying numbers of tickets.

Does each membership on a registration go in the ballot with an equal chance of being drawn (and if they aren't all drawn whole registration fails)
    or
    Does each registration have an equal chance of being drawn
    or
    Is there a weighting applied to each registration in line with the number of memberships on it ?

Is there any chance that the preference votes that trickle down from the Australian Sports Party will influence the ballot ?

Cheers,
    Andy
    Hi Andy,

All registrations have an equal chance of being drawn (by group, not individual membership). Groups are one in, all in. The only instance where a group would be 'all out' if they were selected in the ballot would be, for example, if you had 8 people in your group and there were only 6 tickets left in the member allocation. Hope that clears it up for you.

Member Services phone lines will open at 8am today, should anyone have any questions or issues. Good luck all!

Jenny

Senior Player
    Ok I know I am anxious and it is only 8.03 but the registration option is not on Ticktek website yet.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Ok I know I am anxious and it is only 8.03 but the registration option is not on Ticktek website yet.
    The link is on the home page of the Ticketek website. If you can't see it, click here and it will take you straight to the registration page.

Senior Player
    Registered ! Try again , Anne - you should be fine !
    If not , Phone 'Em !
    TY Jenny for coming on - we appreciate the support.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The link is on the home page of the Ticketek website. If you can't see it, click here and it will take you straight to the registration page.
    Thankyou all done now. I had my profile setting for National and once I changed it to NSW it appeared all good now. Go Swans

Draft Scout
    I'm in, now for the team to do their part
    Staying ahead of the game...

Senior Player
    There you go - pulse quickening , re-checking the barcode , triple-checking your credit card, wondering if the ticketek site has a problem as your typing fingers OD on adrenaline...... it must be ..... SEPTEMBER !!

Im in.

I'm in a hard predicament though - would love to see the boys in the Grand Final next week, but also am off to Europe for 8 weeks in november and could really use the money I would save from not going to Melbourne for the grand final.... hehehe still want us to win though on Saturday
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Im in.

I'm in a hard predicament though - would love to see the boys in the Grand Final next week, but also am off to Europe for 8 weeks in november and could really use the money I would save from not going to Melbourne for the grand final.... hehehe still want us to win though on Saturday
    If you put a couple of hundred dollars on the Swans to win (odds are currently about $3.60) then your costs are covered should you need to head to Melbourne. If they lose, you are still in a better financial position than if they had won (without the gamble). Just saying.

Completed my P1 registration and getting more confident as each day goes by. I guess that is a fan's natural optimism.

Well I bit the bullet and registered, I don't know how I'm going to find the money to get to Melbourne for the GF but if we beat Freo it'll be a good problem to have! Better start walking now...
    Murphy, you are... a... elf

Quote Originally Posted by Kallias View Post
    Well I bit the bullet and registered, I don't know how I'm going to find the money to get to Melbourne for the GF but if we beat Freo it'll be a good problem to have! Better start walking now...
    Just wear your Swannies gear and stick out your thumb. I'm sure some nice Swannies people will pick you up.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast