Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Important info about registering for GF tickets

Quick question - are the barcodes on the letters the same as the barcodes on our membership cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    If you put a couple of hundred dollars on the Swans to win (odds are currently about $3.60) then your costs are covered should you need to head to Melbourne. If they lose, you are still in a better financial position than if they had won (without the gamble). Just saying.

Completed my P1 registration and getting more confident as each day goes by. I guess that is a fan's natural optimism.
    Never thought of it that way. Might consider it..

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Putting a hundred at $3.60 wins you $260. Probably wouldn't even cover one leg of the flights.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly19 View Post
    Quick question - are the barcodes on the letters the same as the barcodes on our membership cards?
    Yes

Thanks!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Putting a hundred at $3.60 wins you $260. Probably wouldn't even cover one leg of the flights.
    Drive down, stay with a mate, get a tram to the game. Spend $200 on nervous beers.

Redbacks ticket. Tick.
    Premmie club tickets. Tick.
    Flights and accommodation. Tick.

OK, we've gotta play Fweo in Fweo; but my psychic chain says that we'll beat them; then beat Geelong in the granny.

At least we won't be playing the poos and wees again this season!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    In all seriousness, if you really want to sit with your missus, the chances of Priority 2 missing out are almost zero if last years sales are a guide. Every Category got a seat last year, 1, 2 and 3 and we still gave some back. From last year, the AFL have set aside more tickets for the competing clubs, hence the price hike from 2011 to offset the less seats for corporates.

If Collingwood or Richmond were in the mix I mightn't be so sure, but there were plenty to go around last year against Hawthorn and Geelong are no bigger...
    This is true. Last year Swans' pet members got tickets.
    Lots and lots of Hawthorn members missed out (from memory I think it was about 27K people - ha ha sucked in - they lost anyway!!)
    Seeing we have more members this year than last, maybe the pets will miss out.
    Every swans member who applies should get a ticket.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Seeing we have more members this year than last, maybe the pets will miss out.
    Damn my pet python really enjoyed it last year. Anyway we are both in the ballot so do your stuff Swans!

Veterans List
    Somehow registering this morning made the Grand Final seems so much more real. Now the nerves begin.

However, the last time I've felt so pessimistic about a finals game was against Port in 2003 - and look how that worked out.

Winning the unwinnable is so sweet. But this year is win win win. With our injuries we should not have finished in the 8, far less Top 4. And we should not be playing in the PF. And the team we fielded (especially for the last 3/4) in the semi should not have won. We are in unchartered territory. I certainly don't expect us to win on Saturday but I'll be deliriously happy if we do (Dick's Pub in Balmain anyone?). And I didn't expect us to win last year's GF (especially at the end of the first Q).

There are four teams that can be Premiers and the Swans' convalescent ward is one of them. I have COMPLETE faith that the players, coaches and selectors will be doing everything to give us victory. You can't ask much more than that from supporting a team - Go Swannies.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Does anyone want some kids P2 barcodes?

I have four (if I can find them all) and the kids will be interstate at Grandma's. Offer only available to regular posters.
    They will come up as concession tickets when you register them (I have registered my son so can testify to this). They do check this at the game too so registering kids bar codes for adult tickets won't work.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    They will come up as concession tickets when you register them (I have registered my son so can testify to this). They do check this at the game too so registering kids bar codes for adult tickets won't work.
    Understood. I just thought someone might want to take some kids they don't have barcodes for.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Redbacks ticket. Tick.
    Premmie club tickets. Tick.
    Flights and accommodation. Tick.

OK, we've gotta play Fweo in Fweo; but my psychic chain says that we'll beat them; then beat Geelong in the granny.

At least we won't be playing the poos and wees again this season!!chic

- - - Updated - - -
    Annie, I've been eagerly waiting to read some of your reknowned optimism on here and now that I have I can relax and let the next ten days just roll on.
    After last year, I couldn't possibly doubt your psychic chain!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast