Thread: Channeling Season 2003

Senior Player

Channeling Season 2003

..................... only replace the Lions with the Swans of 2013 (reigning premier, poor loss away from home in Week1, strong rebound win at home in Week2, lots of injuries and underdog in the Prelim away from home), and replace the Swans of 2003 with the Dockers of 2013 (generally poorly performing finals team, against the odds away from home win at an opposition stronghold in week 1, massive home prelim in Week 3).

Was trying to think of some parallels, and this is the closest I could get. There are a lot of similarities there though.

Drawing a long bow, but we need every bow we can get....

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    ..................... only replace the Lions with the Swans of 2013 (reigning premier, poor loss away from home in Week1, strong rebound win at home in Week2, lots of injuries and underdog in the Prelim away from home), and replace the Swans of 2003 with the Dockers of 2013 (generally poorly performing finals team, against the odds away from home win at an opposition stronghold in week 1, massive home prelim in Week 3).

Was trying to think of some parallels, and this is the closest I could get. There are a lot of similarities there though.
    Nice get. Definite similarities.

At three-quarter time, I thought we were going to win that 2003 prelim running away but class and experience over-ran us as we buckled under the pressure of a champion team.

Lions went on to win as underdogs the following week.

Just Believe.

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post

Up until the Hawks, I was seeing parallels with our 2006 season. This is a much nicer comparison!

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Had the same thoughts about 03 and already went to look at the history to refresh my memory.

The main difference to date is that we were smashed by the Hawks and the pies vs lions game first up was close.

If Roughhead gets reported on Friday and we win Saturday the parallels will continue.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Up until the Hawks, I was seeing parallels with our 2006 season. This is a much nicer comparison!
    Yes I was thinking 06 too, but I much prefer the 03 Lions comparison.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    The main difference to date is that we were smashed by the Hawks and the pies vs lions game first up was close.
    Up to a point, the pies running over the top of the Lions in the last quarter similar to the way the Hawks did to us across the whole of the last half.

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post

If Roughhead gets reported on Friday and we win Saturday the parallels will continue.
    I like your thinking, what was Rocca's for again.............. a gut punch or something wasn't it.

................. just had a look, I remember it now, a roundhouse right to Lade after he got rid of the ball.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I do believe Adelaide were thrashed in their first qualifying final back in 1998 and beat North in the grand final to go back to back, this was when they had finished 5th and a first-week loss didn't mean automatic elimination under the McIntyre system.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    We lost the Prelim in 2003.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.