Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preliminary Final Preview: Sydney v Fremantle

Well done. Great post! I'm pumped! Love us being the underdog! When you cut through it all, it'll be the team who isn't over-awed by the situation and who applies the greatest pressure for four quarters that will take the win away.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Form and history says Freo - but here's how Sydney can win

While the Swans have coughed and sputtered their way to September, Freo has had a smooth run with injuries and a back half draw only occasionally impeded by top sides.

To top it off they are well rested. Lyon gave ten players the week off in round 23. The following week they carried off the jaw-dropping feat of dismissing Geelong in a final at Simonds Stadium.

ODDS
    TAB: Dockers $1.30. Swans $3.55
    Good stuff!! My mate here who's a mad Dockers fan will tell you that Freo's run with injuries has been "smooth" - Ballantyne, Pavlich, Johnson & Sandi are all a bit underdone - but they've definitely had a chance to get more rest and have better preparation than us.

Still wondering if the Hyphen will get a game, the weather over here is still really schizophrenic. Was pissing down this morning and now only an hour later its bright and sunny and quite warm....

Can't wait to go to my first Swans final since beating the Eagles in '06!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, should read: Dockers fan will tell you that Freo's run with injuries hasn't been "smooth" .... I'm having trouble editing the post...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, should read: Dockers fan will tell you that Freo's run with injuries hasn't been "smooth" .... I'm having trouble editing the post...

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    Well done. Great post! I'm pumped! Love us being the underdog! When you cut through it all, it'll be the team who isn't over-awed by the situation and who applies the greatest pressure for four quarters that will take the win away.
    I love the feelings that go into this post. I am nevertheless very pessimistic about the game, with leaves me relaxed and comfortable. (Compared with last weeks' Blues game whereupon I was a bundle of nerves).

Wow, if the Swans won! The joy would be extraordinary!

Damien Barrett seems to think if we win it will be a miracle: Sliding doors: finals week three - AFL.com.au

Loving this underdog status! The odds have stretched out to above $4....

- - - Updated - - -

Damien Barrett seems to think if we win it will be a miracle: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-20/sliding-doors-finals-week-three

Loving this underdog status! The odds have stretched out to above $4....

Thanks for the nice comments people.

I should've said that in my last couple of RWO previews I've tipped the Swans and we've lost. This time the footy gods can either make me look a goose, which is no challenge at all, or mess with the Swans, which they do at their own risk.

If anyone does actually have any ideas about likely matchups feel free to share.

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    I love the feelings that go into this post. I am nevertheless very pessimistic about the game, with leaves me relaxed and comfortable. (Compared with last weeks' Blues game whereupon I was a bundle of nerves).

Wow, if the Swans won! The joy would be extraordinary!
    That's exactly it. If they lose, I'll still remember it as a stunning effort from a young team hard up against it. If they win, they'll have achieved the extraordinary and will have given themselves the opportunity to become all-time greats!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Thanks for the nice comments people.

I should've said that in my last couple of RWO previews I've tipped the Swans and we've lost. This time the footy gods can either make me look a goose, which is no challenge at all, or mess with the Swans, which they do at their own risk.

If anyone does actually have any ideas about likely matchups feel free to share.
    Excellent overview SOH.
    Here's hoping the footy gods make you look a goose! Equivalent to "Break a leg!")
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12