Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grand Final: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Veteran Site Admin
    Even though they lost, that was a very credible effort against a taller side with more AFL listed players. The tackling and overall work rate were sensational for most of the game.

Perris and Membrey, in particular, gave us plenty to get excited about for the future, while Lockyer and Naismith also impressed at times. Possibly the best game I've seen Dick play too, though he has some way to go to get to senior level.

Of the top-ups (apart from Perris), Haddin played a typical Haddin game. He may be a touch on the small side for AFL but he certainly has a go and has neat skills to match. Wray was also pretty solid as a medium defender, and Hiscox ran hard and fast on a number of occasions.

I'm sure they will be disappointed but can be proud of their effort.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Very impressed with Perris' quick and accurate hands today something I hadn't noticed before. Kicking a little down from usual but very excited that he'll become a Melbourne De... I mean an official Swan next year

haha stirrer ... thats the balance isnt it .. keeping the good experienced players and keeping the up and coming "unproven" young ones all in the 44 total.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg, Liz and others. All comments appreciated.
    Sounds like a good showing by our boys, probably would have been a win if the seniors' program hadn't disrupted the team, and bodes well for next season.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Full effort by all, even the live stream was good! Kudos to Tony, Naismith, Perris, Jaffer-Williams, and that man called Tim.

Special mention to the toppies. Hard work done by all, as far as I could see. We owe them a lot for the year of work they have put in for us. Salute.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

BRISBANE LIONS

Goal Kickers: M. Close 3, S. Michael 2, J. O''Brien , C. Tickner , P. Wearden , A. Cornelius , L. Rogerson , L. Radford , R. Newell
    Best Players: J. O''Brien, J. Crisp, M. Close, J. Bourke, S. Michael, D. Cameron-Reeves

SYDNEY SWANS

Goal Kickers: T. Membrey 5, B. Plug 2, D. Hadden , M. Vicic , Y. Jaffer-Williams
    Best Players: T. Membrey, J. Lloyd, T. Armstrong, A. Brown, M. Dick

Warming the Bench
    a brave defeat,typical bloods effort by depleted team.i liked membrey,dick,lockyer,brown,naismith,lloyd,head,rob inson.some interesting topups too.
    bright future ahead
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Stats http://neafl.com.au/fileadmin/user_u...stics_2013.pdf

Perris with another impressive set of numbers, Hadden too.

Veteran Site Admin
    The tackle numbers show that the Swans certainly came with intent to pressure. Lloyd with 13 speaks for itself, but 8 to Naismith is also impressive.

We got slaughtered in the hitouts, but were equal in clearances. We were up against Billy Longer, which explains the hitout numbers.

Jake Lloyd should have been a first round pick in the national draft, not the rookie draft. I would jump him in the queue just behind Mitchell. He is always in the right place and does everything well. He is cleaver way beyond his years. He's got to be tested at senior level next year.

And Perris looks like a winner as well.

He will play seniors next year, but not necessary with us. It will be up to the Club if they really want him or can fit him in.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast