Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Grand Final: Brisbane Lions Reserves v Sydney Swans Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We got slaughtered in the hitouts, but were equal in clearances. We were up against Billy Longer, which explains the hitout numbers.

Jake Lloyd should have been a first round pick in the national draft, not the rookie draft. I would jump him in the queue just behind Mitchell. He is always in the right place and does everything well. He is cleaver way beyond his years. He's got to be tested at senior level next year.

And Perris looks like a winner as well.
    Lloydy is all class. But I still think he has to build up a bit over the pre-season. I believe this is one of the things holding him back. He is so slight at times he and Perris looked like a couple of school kids out there along with Hiscox. But all pretty talented school kids. Next year they will be a bit bigger and even faster. Lloydy is the most elusive kid I have seen in a long time, he has the knack of dropping the tag and getting VERY free to set up play. He is a monster kick and kills the opposition with his accuracy. Timbo must think it is Xmas every time he sees the likes of Lloydy, Powers, Robbo or Armstrong kicking to him.

Someone mentioned Perris's handball, it was incredibly impressive and was even better in the Eastern conference Final. Lloyd, Perris and Mitchell, pocket bombshells. Lukie just Freakish

By the way I think if we had the number 11 out there we would have won.

Jake Lloyd looks slight, but is tough as nails and tackles ferociously. That's why I think he's ready. Another preseason should help him bulk up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Jake Lloyd looks slight, but is tough as nails and tackles ferociously. That's why I think he's ready. Another preseason should help him bulk up a bit.
    That is what I said. He will build up. I know he is tough but it is the perception unfortunately or seems to be from the coaches that he is slightly light at the mo. He will be a good player for us for a long time. We have all these pocket rockets that have such immense talent. Parker, Mitchell, Lloyd, Perris and if we rookie Hiscox as well we can add him. Bloody fast that kid and got talent too. We are developing a good mix of sizes and differing abilities but we could do with a couple of KPP size young players to join the mix.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345