Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So who do you want to win on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    If its the competition that I think it was, do you still have to get the tattoo?

Congrats for winning BTW...
    Haha yes it is and tat (I can't believe i'm actually doing this) is going ahead on wednesday.
    Thanks heaps, i'll see how i feel wednesday night if it was all worthwhile or not!

I'm hoping for a Freo victory, in part because they are not hawthorn, in part because other than Ballantyne & Crowley they are a pretty decent bunch and partly because after the support the Freo supporters gave the Swans on 05-06 I fell like I owe them one
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Freo, because they have earned a first flag, because they are decent fans, because they showed respect to Jude, and because they are not from Victoria.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I'm going for Freo for the following reasons:

1 Dermott Brereton
    2 Jason Dunstall
    3 Alistair Clarkson
    4 Ingracious Hawthorn fans.
    5 I'd love to see them lose again when the turds are expecting to win.
    6 Sam Mitchell
    7 Sniping Jordan Lewis.
    8 Sniping Luke Hodge
    9 Chicken wing tackler Rioli
    10 Brent Guerra. Think about his dog act on LRT at the MCG back in 05 or was it 06. And thats just one of many.
    11 Their 5 minutes in the job President having a snipe at the COLA as the reason we won last year.
    12 Their 5 minutes in the job President wanting to dismantle the COLA.
    13 Umpires pets. Freo want to hope like hell Stevic doesn't get a gig on Saturday.
    14 David Hale. Just me personally, I can't stand the talentless hack. Would hate to see him with a Prem medal
    15 Brian Lake (no questions asked how Hawthorn were able to sign him up and still be under the cap)
    16 The Melbourne medias love of Hawthorn. They lost the 2012 GF you know. Sydney didn't win it
    17 Buddy Frankilin. Make your mind up and just go. Dead set overrated flog.
    18 That club song, please can we not hear it.
    19 Freo's club song. Playing that over and over and over and over will be like Chinese water torture on the minds of Hawthorn supporters for years.
    20 Those colours. Please no!!! I do not want to look at Wee & Poo colours celebrating a premiership. I've had enough of the ugly sight of them.

If it wasn't for the dog @@@@@@ Ballantyne and the polished turd Crowley, the choice would be really easy. I hate that pair sooooo much, and so don't want them to be Premiership players. but then you have the ultimate sense of entitlement on the Hawthorn side, and the overrated nature of many of their players. But Freo redeemed themselves when they gave a great send off for Jude (very classy by them), so the choice is a bit easier after that. I also really want to see the Hawks players cry again though (I love the GF pic from 2012- all the Hawks players on the ground crying whilst the Swans celebrated).

So its Freo to win for me!

One thing is for sure - I do know that I'll be putting Roy & HG commentary on and turning off the Channel 7 hacks, that is for sure.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I was wondering how I would feel if Ballantyne and Crowley were Swans. They're both very good players, but so annoying. I think they ruin what is otherwise a very likable side. Many posters on here get annoyed by the relatively mild antics of Benny McGlynn, or the hand waving by Macca, so I would imagine the Freo pair would not get much support as Swans even on a Swans' fan site.

All that aside, I hope Freo win. As much as anything, it's for the 19 years the Freo fans have been waiting for this moment. We, the Swans' fans, are spoiled with success. But I still hope someone clocks Ballantyne.

On the Rookie List
    Freo by a point after the siren. Crowley and Ballantyne late withdrawals with career-ending injuries.

On the Rookie List
    Freo for sure, Hawthorn just annoys me! You Australians must get really sick of hearing about Buddy!

I will be watching as I am such a fan of the sport. Each year I have an AFL Grand Final "Party" in which some years I get one other person and other I have got 5 others. I do try to spread the good work of aussie rules to as many people as I can. Keep in mind, the game will (and always does) start at 1:30 am here.

For the one hoping for a draw - I have the short story.. My friend who, of my friends has become the biggest fan of the sport other than myself (he became a WC Eagles fan) has pretty much been the one who has come watch the Grand Final each year. He was fascinated by the concept of playing the Grand Final again after draws and literally danced around the room when the draw happened a few years ago (at approximately 4 am).

Senior Player
    I actually like Ballantyne, he's entertaining.

Backing the purple tide of history and hoping Clive Waterhouse presents the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    I'm going for Freo for the following reasons:

1 Dermott Brereton
    2 Jason Dunstall
    3 Alistair Clarkson
    4 Ingracious Hawthorn fans.
    5 I'd love to see them lose again when the turds are expecting to win.
    6 Sam Mitchell
    7 Sniping Jordan Lewis.
    8 Sniping Luke Hodge
    9 Chicken wing tackler Rioli
    10 Brent Guerra. Think about his dog act on LRT at the MCG back in 05 or was it 06. And thats just one of many.
    11 Their 5 minutes in the job President having a snipe at the COLA as the reason we won last year.
    12 Their 5 minutes in the job President wanting to dismantle the COLA.
    13 Umpires pets. Freo want to hope like hell Stevic doesn't get a gig on Saturday.
    14 David Hale. Just me personally, I can't stand the talentless hack. Would hate to see him with a Prem medal
    15 Brian Lake (no questions asked how Hawthorn were able to sign him up and still be under the cap)
    16 The Melbourne medias love of Hawthorn. They lost the 2012 GF you know. Sydney didn't win it
    17 Buddy Frankilin. Make your mind up and just go. Dead set overrated flog.
    18 That club song, please can we not hear it.
    19 Freo's club song. Playing that over and over and over and over will be like Chinese water torture on the minds of Hawthorn supporters for years.
    20 Those colours. Please no!!! I do not want to look at Wee & Poo colours celebrating a premiership. I've had enough of the ugly sight of them.

All perfectly valid reasons IMO.

And 21, from a Swans persepctive, is the class they showed in the middle of their celebrations to pay respect to Jude Bolton. It was a gracious act of sportsmanship - I've always had a soft spot for the Purple People and there's a lot to like about that club. Plus Pavlich is a class act on and off the field who thoroughly deserves a flag.

I am also loving the prospect of seeing Ryan Crowley tag Pretty Boy Mitchell. It was a bit uncomfortable seeing him do a job on Keiran Jack on Saturday night, I know I am the minority here but I love hi sstory and how he has battled adversity and re-invented himself from a pretty boy outside player into the baddest man in the AFL, especially as off the field he does a lot of unrecognised charity work with sick kids due to his own health battles as a lad...

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    I actually like Ballantyne, he's entertaining.
    Very true.

When Freo are not playing the Swans, their antics are entertaining. It is fun to watch them get under the skin of non-Swans players. But didn't enjoy how they treated Kieran and Hanners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Very true.

When Freo are not playing the Swans, their antics are entertaining. It is fun to watch them get under the skin of non-Swans players. But didn't enjoy how they treated Kieran and Hanners.
    It's part of the game though, they need to be able to deal with it. Now should they have said anything sexist or homophobic or otherwise unbecoming then that is a different story.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast