Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: So who do you want to win on Saturday?

Would have to go for the Dockers as my son is obsessed with them. Plus they are still my 2nd team, even if I had to sit through Saturday night! Their supporters are pretty good and gracious winners. One of their chants on the train on Saturday night was "The Eagles are in Baaaaallllliiiii." Very funny.

Hawthorn shouldn't make the same mistake they made with us last year when all they thought they had to do was turn up and they would walk away with the cup. It would be hilarious to see the Hawks lose a gf to interstate teams two years in a row! Plus, it might finally shut them all up after we copped a heap of abuse from them on the Swans facebook page crying that Sydney didn't win, Hawthorn lost.
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Definitely Dockers for mine. Hawks fans are in many parts and in my personal experience a disgraceful lot. Dockers fans are good sports.

I cannot think of one Hawks player I like (except Spang if he's a late in). There are many players on the Dockers list I like (topped by Pav, Fyfe, Mzungu and McPharlin).

On the Rookie List
    I am totally and utterly shocked that the AFL refuses to let Fremantle wear their purple geurnsey, forcing them to wear their non-descript white-everything uniform.

SINCE WHEN DOES PURPLE CLASH WITH YELLOW AND @@@@?

It's Freo's best week for marketing in their history and no club colours? I can already see how decisions on Saturday are going to pan out. I'd be ropable if I were Freo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    I am totally and utterly shocked that the AFL refuses to let Fremantle wear their purple geurnsey, forcing them to wear their non-descript white-everything uniform.

It's Freo's best week for marketing in their history and no club colours? I can already see how decisions on Saturday are going to pan out. I'd be ropable if I were Freo.
    I agree, a disgusting decision.

I may be wrong but I heard on the radio today Freo had the option of playing In their purple strip with white shorts ( as they did in the QF against the cats) but opted to wear the white clash strip. Seems a puzzling decision if that is the case.

Calm your farm bro, Hawks are wearing the home guernsey as they finished top. Freo were only asked to wear white SHORTS, and had the option of wearing PURPLE or WHITE guernsey. They opted for the white guernsey.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    We sat in a similar position for the qualifying final. We being, myself, disabled son and 84yo father. We reported the group when they started using racist taunts towards Jetta when he kicked his goal. When security came they played dumb, then proceeded to swear & cuss at every Swans supporter in proximity to them, including threatening two old ladies. We complained to security again but they were outnumbered by a drunken, angry mob and didn't seem too keen to do anything about it. We moved at the break.
    That was enough for us. We are Freo supporters all the way this week.
    It would also be nice to think that there was a swans connection involved in beating Hawthorn again.
    I know your family very well, baskin, and am dismayed that you had to put up with that garbage. I've gone from having a slight leaning towards Hawthorn to being firmly in the Freo camp with you!

(And racism from Hawthorn fans??? Unbelievable!)

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I picked Freo as our danger half way through the year and certainly not changing now. I'm confident they'll get it done.
    ...and listen to their captain say "anywhere, anytime"!!! lol
    the second time the hawks would have heard that in two consecutive grand final defeats!!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Calm your farm bro, Hawks are wearing the home guernsey as they finished top. Freo were only asked to wear white SHORTS, and had the option of wearing PURPLE or WHITE guernsey. They opted for the white guernsey.
    That's not what I heard.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's not what I heard.
    Thats what I heard.

That's not what I heard.
    That's what was said a few times on various news reports

Who do I want to win on Saturday? Mike Pyke? Is he our representative in the Grand Final Sprint? Surely Rohan or Jetta won't run. That's the only interest I have on GF day now

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast