Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So who do you want to win on Saturday?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

So who do you want to win on Saturday?

Hawthorn? Freo? It won't be us so who cares?

I don't have the dislike for Hawthorn that many people do. I didn't realise how hated Hawthorn is in Melbourne until we beat them in the GF last year. So many people said they were glad the Swans won because they couldn't stand the Hawks!

Freo have Lyon and Kirky. I'll be eternally grateful for their significant contributions to the Bloods but I don't feel the need to want them to win a Premiership now that they're with someone else. They moved on from the Swans but I didn't!

For me, I don't really care although it would be difficult to see Crowley and Ballantyne with Premiership medallions around their necks. Because of that, a slight leaning towards Hawthorn.

Thoughts?

Don't care. With bells on. Churlishly as you like. Road Trip to MCG 2013 has been cancelled and I am sulking.

Having a non heart attack making get together with my personal redandwhiters for lunch at my place, followed by throwing chips at the screen when Ballantyne, Crowley, a cluster of poos&wees show their faces, and possibly tweaking half time with chocolate mudcake and good coffee
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Only interest for me is watching someone clock Crowley.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    It` gotta be the Dockers. GO FREO.................. All my Relatives are Dockers and the GF day party is at my house this year so we are decking the place out with purple & white, mixed up with all my Swannies stuff................
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Goes up to 11
    I'll be going for Freo - just to hopefully remind the Hawks for the second year running that a sense of entitlement is not enough to win you a GF ......

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    Only interest for me is watching someone clock Crowley.
    I will be Jordan Lewis and I bet he gets him in the first minutes of the game.

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'll be going for Freo - just to hopefully remind the Hawks for the second year running that a sense of entitlement is not enough to win you a GF ......
    That pretty much sums up my feelings too!
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

I am fortunate enough to have won a grand final weekend-flights, transfers, accomodation and tickets so i am a Docker for a week, a few reasons why;
    1. Yep, words cannot adequately describe how dreadfully painful Ballantyne and Crowley are but they are counterbalanced by a couple of the genuine (in my opinion anyway) good guys of the comp - Pav, Fyffe, Barlow, Macfarland. It would be wonderful to see these blokes win a flag and to see Pav raise the cup.
    2. The respect shown to opposition supporters by Freo fans versus Hawks fans. Of course this could change when the Dockers win their first flag, but for now they are probably the most respectful of opposition supporters that i have encountered.
    3. I can't stand Alister Clarkson and would love the chance to see the little weasle squirm after losing back to back GFs. IMHO they never won in 08, Cats lost it.
    4. Last year i sat in the last row of seats in front of the standing area and all i can say is thank heavens they were caged, as those hawthorn fans were truly rabid and shockingly ingracious and fans like that never deserve success EVER!!!
    5. Gotta stick with the inter-state team!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I hope that football is the winner on the day.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I hope someone takes out Crowley and Ballantyne but Freo manage to get up by a point

I am hoping for a gruelling draw so they have to come back the next week.. Anything to interupt both sides pre season..

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I am fortunate enough to have won a grand final weekend-flights, transfers, accomodation and tickets so i am a Docker for a week, a few reasons why;
    1. Yep, words cannot adequately describe how dreadfully painful Ballantyne and Crowley are but they are counterbalanced by a couple of the genuine (in my opinion anyway) good guys of the comp - Pav, Fyffe, Barlow, Macfarland. It would be wonderful to see these blokes win a flag and to see Pav raise the cup.
    2. The respect shown to opposition supporters by Freo fans versus Hawks fans. Of course this could change when the Dockers win their first flag, but for now they are probably the most respectful of opposition supporters that i have encountered.
    3. I can't stand Alister Clarkson and would love the chance to see the little weasle squirm after losing back to back GFs. IMHO they never won in 08, Cats lost it.
    4. Last year i sat in the last row of seats in front of the standing area and all i can say is thank heavens they were caged, as those hawthorn fans were truly rabid and shockingly ingracious and fans like that never deserve success EVER!!!
    5. Gotta stick with the inter-state team!
    If its the competition that I think it was, do you still have to get the tattoo?

Congrats for winning BTW...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast