Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brownlow Medal Tips

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Selwood has it according to the predictor with 3 rounds to go.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Hanners won't pull another vote. He also missed round 23. But great showing with 21.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Also Goodes has 158 career Brownlow votes, anyone know what the record is?
    Gary Dempsey 246
    Leigh Matthews sits 3rd with 202 ... without a win (he's the only player in the top 8 who hasn't won one)
    Our very own Graham Teasdale has polled the most votes to win one (when two umpires gave the votes each game)
    Last edited by 0918330512; 23rd September 2013 at 11:42 PM.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Can't stand Demetriou reading the votes. Those stupid dramatic pauses as he reads votes from teams with a favorite & the even longer ones when the name has the first letter is that of a favorite ... especially when it not them.
    Bring back Mike Fitzpatrick ... much more classy when a Rhodes Scholar reads it ... or Doug Hawkins for some humor
    Gerard Healy would be a good reader
    Agree

- - - Updated - - -

One Rd to go...have these bad feelings G Ablett gets 3 to beat Selwood in the last Rd...at it aint so Joe....Selwood would be a good winner. and Gaz already has one.

- - - Updated - - -

Gary Dempsey 246
    Leigh Matthews sits 3rd with 202 ... without a win (he's the only player in the top 8 who hasn't won one)
    Yes, but I think he had a few years where the two umpires both awarded votes in each game, therefore having a double affect.

Gabblett

Blog Entries
    You could see Gaz wanted only 2 votes so he could share it with Joel...that would have been something o see them both up there.
    In any case, Gaz is a champ. Well done!

Worthy winner fantastic player ... but can't stand watching him anticipating the final votes. Just doesn't seem humble.

But says the right words on the dias I guess.

His win reminds me of the winners of the 40s-60s where a champion player in a poor performing side stood out & attracted votes (Fred Goldsmith said South won only 3 games the year he won, Skilts won his 3 during a period when the Swans struggled). Recent years players in winning teams tend to get the votes.

Makes me wonder how the Suns will go when he eventually retires
    Last edited by 0918330512; 24th September 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    Worthy winner fantastic player ... but can't stand watching him anticipating the final votes. Just doesn't seem humble.

But says the right words on the dias I guess.

His win reminds me of the winners of the 40s-60s where a champion player in a poor performing side stood out & attracted votes (Fred Goldsmith said South won only 3 games the year he won, Skilts won his 3 during a period when the Swans struggled). Recent years players in winning teams tend to get the votes.
    emphasis on champion.....no ordinary player wins a brownlow in a team that doesnt make finals.

Sydney 95 team votes. Well done boys!!

GW$ 17 votes & Dees 16 (Ablett very nearly beat both those team totals combined!). Wonder what the lowest season team Brownlow total ever is?

Hmmm since 1987, NO clubs have a combined vote count of under 20 votes. Roosy has some work to do there ...
    Last edited by goswannies; 24th September 2013 at 12:28 AM.

Veterans List
    I'm happy with Gaz. Selwood is amazing but plays for too many frees. And that's in a team when the first month of training must be acting lessons. Free Kittens should be a Geelong headline.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Sydney 95 team votes. Well done boys!!

GW$ 17 votes & Dees 16 (Ablett very nearly beat both those team totals combined!). Wonder what the lowest season team Brownlow total ever is?
    Second year in a row Swans topped the combined club vote with 95 votes each year!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lorakf View Post
    Second year in a row Swans topped the combined club vote with 95 votes each year!
    It's the jumper. Everyone has to love red and white!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast