Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Whispers / Rumours and Confirmations

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    If the Swans and Jolly wanted each other, could the Swans ask Collingwood to throw him into a deal with Heath Shaw for no extra cost! I.e Mumford for Jolly and Heath Shaw?
    He's not on their list anymore. The Swans don't need to ask Collingwood to throw him in anymore than than the Swans would need to ask Collingwood to draft you or me.

Having said that, I don't think there's much chance of Jolly moving his family to Sydney for a rookie salary for one year. For anything more, he's not really worth it to us. I suspect he's after a Melbourne club or it'll be retirement.

On ruckmen, I think I remember some positive things said about our top-up ruck man in the Reserves while Naismith was injured. Could he be on our drafting target list? Ugg?

On the Rookie List
    I understand how difficult it is to fit Jed Lamb in the side as a permanent fixture, however if we let him go we will come to rue that decision.

Suspended by the MRP
    How come Collingwood were so quick to delist Jolly, Krakour and Didak without trying to do any business for them in trade week?

How come Collingwood were so quick to delist Jolly, Krakour and Didak without trying to do any business for them in trade week?
    I wondered the same thing. Maybe a none-too-subtle message to the rest of the list?

Surely because they thougth there would be no interest in them , Jolly maybe going to Dees aside i dont think the other 2 will be looked at elsewhere. On top of that they possibly have 3 others that theyll want to be concentrating on in Shaw,Thomas and O'Brien. I think theyll lose Shaw and O'Brien which may free up enough cash for them to hold onto Thomas.

Suspended by the MRP
    I said in an earlier post that I thought Jolly would not go to Melbourne as they already had ruckman Max Gawn, Mark Jamar and Jake Spencer on their list. Add that they have forward targets Mitch Clark and Jack Fitzpatrik who can also ruck.

If Jolly is to be taken by Melbourne the Swans should have a look at Max Gawn or Mark Jamar!

I said in an earlier post that I thought Jolly would not go to Melbourne as they already had ruckman Max Gawn, Mark Jamar and Jake Spencer on their list. Add that they have forward targets Mitch Clark and Jack Fitzpatrik who can also ruck.

If Jolly is to be taken by Melbourne the Swans should have a look at Max Gawn or Mark Jamar!
    If we trade Mummy it means that we only want to play the Pyke/Tippett ruck-forward combo instead of 3. So why would we pick up another 1st string ruckman, as they'll just be a backup playing in the reserves.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DK_ View Post
    He's not on their list anymore. The Swans don't need to ask Collingwood to throw him in anymore than than the Swans would need to ask Collingwood to draft you or me.
    DK, ignore Matt80 and the Jolly suggestion. I think he's just stirring up trouble.

Mrs Jolly would never come back to Sydney anyway.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Suspended by the MRP
    If Mumford goes we need another ruckman to balance the list! If Pyke was to be injured you would be left with Tippett, White or Naismith to carry the ruck! If two of White, Tippett, Pyke or Naismith were injured you would be in serious trouble, probably be playing Fremantle next round.

If not Jolly, then another ruckman who costs less than Mumford and is happy to wait for his turn in the reserves!

Who else would you consider Billy apart from Jolly?

If Mumford goes we need another ruckman to balance the list! If Pyke was to be injured you would be left with Tippett, White or Naismith to carry the ruck! If two of White, Tippett, Pyke or Naismith were injured you would be in serious trouble, probably be playing Fremantle next round.

If not Jolly, then another ruckman who costs less than Mumford and is happy to wait for his turn in the reserves!

Who else would you consider Billy apart from Jolly?
    How about Mark Seaby or Cameron Wood?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I prefer your Demon suggestions.

If Collingwood can't find any value in him as a top up then I think that he is not worth pursuing.

His wife couldn't get out of Sydney fast enough the first time.

I'm sure the Swans won't let Mumford going if they didn't have a very good reason and more importantly an alternative option in place.

- - - Updated - - -
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I prefer your Demon suggestions.

If Collingwood can't find any value in him as a top up then I think that he is not worth pursuing.

His wife couldn't get out of Sydney fast enough the first time.

[bold]I'm sure the Swans won't let Mumford going if they didn't have a very good reason and more importantly an alternative option in place.[/bold]

- - - Updated - - -
    Exactly billy ray. All this talk of Mumford leaving amazes me.

IMO he's a keep at all costs player and the club should do everything it can to keep him.

We have no ruck coverage if Mumford goes. Tippet is a fwd and White isn't the answer. Pyke can't do it all on his own and his form dropped off later in the year when Mumford was injured
    From what I can see Mumford wants to stay at Sydney so the club needs to accommodate his financial wishes provided they are not excessive