Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Whispers / Rumours and Confirmations

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I prefer your Demon suggestions.

If Collingwood can't find any value in him as a top up then I think that he is not worth pursuing.

His wife couldn't get out of Sydney fast enough the first time.

I'm sure the Swans won't let Mumford going if they didn't have a very good reason and more importantly an alternative option in place.

- - - Updated - - -
    I think he wants to leave the wife behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think he wants to leave the wife behind.
    Are we talking high maintenance??
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Are we talking high maintenance??
    Come on boys, no more smart comments on this, post-natal depression is a cruel illness for everyone concerned. It's not to be made fun of.

Word is we offered Mummy 2years and he wants 4. Hutchy on fc tonight said Perris was offered a 2year rookie spot but has nominated for the draft instead.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Word is we offered Mummy 2years and he wants 4. Hutchy on fc tonight said Perris was offered a 2year rookie spot but has nominated for the draft instead.
    If true, I wonder if they'll add him onto the Combine list. He didn't get an invite originally, presumably because most clubs assumed he'd just be going to the Swans.

Is Perris good enough to go straight onto a senior list? Would he get a senior game next year?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Is Perris good enough to go straight onto a senior list? Would he get a senior game next year?
    At a crap club like Melbourne, he almost certainly would get a game next year. At a club with a strongish midfield, maybe he would, maybe not. He's a little on the small side at the moment - not just height but build too. His height isn't going to change, and he's tall enough to be a senior player - I'd guess he's 178-179cm. But he would need to add a little bulk. He looks like he's got the frame to do so. He won't become huge but should be able to develop a similar physique to KJ given time.

The Swans have some challenging list management issues this year, but from an outsider's perspective, I'd put him on the senior list rather than risk losing him. The reality is that we had to draft at least three players onto the senior list. Only one elevated rookie can count towards this total, so that leaves two to be recruited externally as a minimum. Perris can count towards this quota.

He may be quite small but his onfield vision and creativity have been evident this year in the reserves. He's gotten better as the year has gone on, and remember that he missed last season with a knee reco. He's not particularly quick, but you could see him becoming a Sam Mitchell type midfield controller in time. I realise that's shooting quite high, and chances are he will never become that good. But it's the kind of role you could see him becoming.

Thanks Liz. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The cost of Tippett is starting to hurt us! Who is going and what will be left or afford ?? (and Tippett cost how much...)

For goodness sakes all we needed was the 10 - 20 injuries that we had during the year and Jesse White decides he can play... Didn't need the 320+ pages of Tippett trade commentary and subsequent speculations.. I agree that he could be handy in 2014, however 2013 was at the end of it a waste chasing the big Tipp..

Jesse was by my reckoning a better player by the end of the year than Tippett and will most likely be flying all over the place looking for a new home.. (and decent $) Hope we have room to make him stay but doubt this will occur! Reid could be trade bait (start a rumour - joins his bro in Collingwoooood for the other Shaw bro! Frees up some $ and we keep White and ?? Crap rumour but its out there now! = comments please)

It is the off season and we do need something to keep our mind active.

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    At a crap club like Melbourne, he almost certainly would get a game next year. At a club with a strongish midfield, maybe he would, maybe not. He's a little on the small side at the moment - not just height but build too. His height isn't going to change, and he's tall enough to be a senior player - I'd guess he's 178-179cm. But he would need to add a little bulk. He looks like he's got the frame to do so. He won't become huge but should be able to develop a similar physique to KJ given time.

The Swans have some challenging list management issues this year, but from an outsider's perspective, I'd put him on the senior list rather than risk losing him. The reality is that we had to draft at least three players onto the senior list. Only one elevated rookie can count towards this total, so that leaves two to be recruited externally as a minimum. Perris can count towards this quota.

He may be quite small but his onfield vision and creativity have been evident this year in the reserves. He's gotten better as the year has gone on, and remember that he missed last season with a knee reco. He's not particularly quick, but you could see him becoming a Sam Mitchell type midfield controller in time. I realise that's shooting quite high, and chances are he will never become that good. But it's the kind of role you could see him becoming.
    I certainly agree that we have some challenging list management issues, and adding Perris to the senior list would seem a bargain. I think the bigger issue is that Perris just gets added to the queue of young promising midfielders with no place to go. With Jetta and Rohan coming back there really is no place for the likes of Lamb, Cunningham, BJ and Lloyd, and it looks that way for a fair time to come. I can see why we would prefer to put Perris on the rookie list when we have already have rookies BJ and Lloyd being more advanced at this stage and more likely to challenge for the scant senior spots available. And I can understand that Perris wouldn't want to wait around in hope that something opens up for him in a couple of years when, as you say, he may well get senior games with a team like Melbourne.

I wonder if we did senior list Perris if it effectively forces us trade out Lamb, simply to relieve the backlog of midfielders clambering for spots.

If I were a quality young midfielder, the last team I'd want to get drafted by is Sydney.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    The cost of Tippett is starting to hurt us! Who is going and what will be left or afford ?? (and Tippett cost how much...)

For goodness sakes all we needed was the 10 - 20 injuries that we had during the year and Jesse White decides he can play... Didn't need the 320+ pages of Tippett trade commentary and subsequent speculations.. I agree that he could be handy in 2014, however 2013 was at the end of it a waste chasing the big Tipp..

Jesse was by my reckoning a better player by the end of the year than Tippett and will most likely be flying all over the place looking for a new home.. (and decent $) Hope we have room to make him stay but doubt this will occur! Reid could be trade bait (start a rumour - joins his bro in Collingwoooood for the other Shaw bro! Frees up some $ and we keep White and ?? Crap rumour but its out there now! = comments please)

It is the off season and we do need something to keep our mind active.

Rod_
    Both Tippett and White had good seasons. Whether Tippett is worth the money we are paying him will always be debatable, but he does offer that strong marking target that we've been missing since Bazza left.

Mummy is the more likely one to move on and make room in the salary cap. I think White will be the one to stay.

I can't see why we would want to trade Reid, when we openly say that we need another young defender. Reid came to us as a defender and was only pressed into service as a forward because we had no one else. Granted that he is still young, but he never really has looked totally comfortable in the job. I think he should flourish as a key defender.

Tippett was leading goal kicker wasnt he for the second half of the season with more than all other forwards in comp, White played some good footy but youd swear he was bog 3 or 4 times the way people are pumping his tyres up, the short of it is White has been missing in action for a very long time i cant see the coaches changing their thoughts on him after a handful of ok games. Suggestions of trading Reid are strange didnt we give him a 5 year contract....our coaches have made good calls on players for many years dont see why theyd be wrong on Sam, suggestions of trading him are akin to saying we should trade Tom Mitchell.

Jesse was better than Tippett? The guy who, based on averages, would have challenged for the Coleman had he played a full season?

I wonder sometimes. I really do.