Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand FInal Day Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Why is Harry contesting the sprint again this year? He's fast but I would've have thought he was faster than Lewis or Gary.
    Ummmm was that a serious question?!

You would risk Jetta or Rohan who have come off long term injuries, who might not be at their usual pace anyway & who might be at risk of further injury?

If anyone, run Pyke who's known to be quick or even Jesse (if you don't want to risk one of our players to potebtial soft tissue injuries) ... he's pretty quick. Or even USA Mitchell?

- - - Updated - - -

First Goal: Sam Reid
    Norm Smith: Kieren Jack
    Victor: Sydney
    Margin: 31 points
    Sprint: Jetta (he'll be able to run at half time of a game he's playing in)
    Random Prediction: Jesse phones his manager at 3/4 time & wants back to his home at Sydney

I was supposed to predict the 2014 Grand Final, right?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    FIRST GOAL: Puopolo
    NORM SMITH: Stephen Hill
    VICTOR: Fremantle
    MARGIN: 14
    GF SPRINT: Dangerfield.
    RANDOM PREDICTION: "Lower the eyes" mentioned before half way through first quarter. Mrs Hill to be celebrating a GF victory for her son.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Random prediction: Sewell will knock out Crowley and Ballantyne and announce his retirement at the end of the game.
    Wouldn't that cost him a fair sum of money? I believe they added a large dollar fine after Mr Lynch went out throwing haymakers?

First Goal: Walters
    Norm Smith: Mzungu (going out on a limb!)
    Victor : Freo
    Margin: 17 points
    Sprint: Dangerfield
    Random prediction: One of the subs will be activated before half time
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

On the Rookie List
    Random prediction: A cannibalistic clown parachutes onto the MCG and starts eating Ryan Crowley. The clown is surprisingly quick and by the time security arrives, he is gone. Security is led by Dolph Lundgren, who is diligent enough to notice that the cannibal clown dropped a business card that says 'A. Clarkson - Entrepreneur'.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Wouldn't that cost him a fair sum of money? I believe they added a large dollar fine after Mr Lynch went out throwing haymakers?
    I'd be happy to contribute a small amount.......It was only 2 accidental bumps your honor....

FIRST GOAL: Pavlich
    NORM SMITH: Pavlich
    VICTOR: Fremantle
    MARGIN: 5
    GF SPRINT: Dangerfield, followed by daylight and Harry
    RANDOM PREDICTION: I will turn off the commentary in about the 1st quarter because of so many clich?s dribbling out of the mouths of the commentators. Actually that's not a prediction, just a given. Random Prediction - Hawks to choke again, with kicking for goal to be their nemesis (i.e. will kick more goals than behinds, have more scoring shots than freo, but lose!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the Rookie List
    Roll the dice. Roll the dice. Roll the dice. Hawthorn have to roll the dice here. Roll the dice. A roll of the dice. Start rolling the dice. Just roll the dice.

Freo by 10 points. One point for every million that Buddy will get at GWS, and also the same margin as last year.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For those not keen on the potential commentary Hawks lovefest, Roy and HG have revived "The Festival of the Boot" and will be doing the call on abc newsradio. If it's true to how they used to do it they'll be doing their call while watching the TV telecast so should fit in well as a replacement.

On the Rookie List
    Hmmm.....Dangerfield won Heat 1 of the GF Sprint very comfortably, but then our boy, Gazza comfortably won Heat 2. Interesting final coming up!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    For those not keen on the potential commentary Hawks lovefest, Roy and HG have revived "The Festival of the Boot" and will be doing the call on abc newsradio. If it's true to how they used to do it they'll be doing their call while watching the TV telecast so should fit in well as a replacement.
    I love listening to Roy and HG but sorry this one will have to be on podcast. Probably listen to their NRL call live though.

- - - Updated - - -

Drats. Dangerfield wins his third in row. Gazza slows down towards the line and finishes around fourth. The start was very untidy and I suspect Gazza might have missed the start.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Ummmm was that a serious question?!You would risk Jetta or Rohan who have come off long term injuries, who might not be at their usual pace anyway & who might be at risk of further injury?
    Oops

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    RANDOM PREDICTION: "Lower the eyes" mentioned before half way through first quarter.
    Yes !!!!!! With 11:52 left of the first quarter, Commetti says " Birchall lowers the eyes"
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Wow, when will the game start. 1st half has been very ordinary compared to what we got to see last year Freo sooo nervous and wasting their chances. Can only see one result from here to be honest.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast