Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556

Thread: Lance Franklin to become a Swan

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    It was interesting that throughout his first interview as a Swan last week, Longmire and Ireland always called him Lance, never Buddy. Perhaps that's just because they don't know him well enough for knicknames yet?
    I do the same. I'm happy to yell our a nickname while cheering them on at the ground but it's real names all the way otherwise. I actually think it's unprofessional for media types to use nicknames when referring to players. I hate it when someone calling a game refers to "Buddy" or "Stevie J" etc. I could just be a grumpy old man of course!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Jesus, when the professionalism of using nicknames is the hot topic of debate on RWO, it might be time to find another obsession for a few months. Bring on the ashes. Hope 'Pup' has a good series..

I have also heard Luke Hodge refer to him as Frankie. I like that, more matoore than Buddy. But Buddy is a sales name, and the kids will like it. Its friendly.

Meanwhile, liz correct. Plugger's name came from his father, and if I remember correctly it went back and outwards amongst the Lockett family. I am fairly sure an uncle was Plugger aswell. Country town you know....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I have also heard Luke Hodge refer to him as Frankie. I like that, more matoore than Buddy. But Buddy is a sales name, and the kids will like it. Its friendly.

Meanwhile, liz correct. Plugger's name came from his father, and if I remember correctly it went back and outwards amongst the Lockett family. I am fairly sure an uncle was Plugger aswell. Country town you know....
    All we need is Brett Lee to take him to India and we will have-----------------> Frankie goes to Bollywood !!!!!

That's correct. There was more Pluggers' in the family than you could throw a nightie at. Apparently originally came from a family in Holland that weren't very good dyke makers so I've been told.

By whom?????? My hairdresser.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Jesus, when the professionalism of using nicknames is the hot topic of debate on RWO, it might be time to find another obsession for a few months. Bring on the ashes. Hope 'Pup' has a good series..
    Yes, cricket. Waaaayyyyy more exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    All we need is Brett Lee to take him to India and we will have-----------------> Frankie goes to Bollywood !!!!!

That's correct. There was more Pluggers' in the family than you could throw a nightie at. Apparently originally came from a family in Holland that weren't very good dyke makers so I've been told.

By whom?????? My hairdresser.
    Don't tell the Dykes that. they believe they are all very well made. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    It was interesting that throughout his first interview as a Swan last week, Longmire and Ireland always called him Lance, never Buddy. Perhaps that's just because they don't know him well enough for knicknames yet?
    No his teammates at Hawks called him Lance or Frankie I believe.

Buddy Love just has such a nice ring too it !!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Yes, cricket. Waaaayyyyy more exciting!
    Glad you saw the irony in the post :| well done

I really am still trying to get used to this picture..its just so surreal.

966592-lance-franklin.jpg

I swear a month ago i was hoping the hawks choke and Lances return for GF was 0-8

Blog Entries
    I watched the Carlton Final today. (home sick)
    And I was surprised when Goodes was asked about Heath Shaw coming to the swans, he diffused the rumour by claiming he'd feel the same way if buddy came to the swans.
    I wonder if he knew something then.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556