Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Club Champion Dinner NO livestream

Veteran Site Admin
    Very disappointing that they're not streaming it. I don't particularly enjoy the frocking up aspect of these dos, so stopped going to them regularly some years ago. But it's become an "event" for me to make sure I'm home early on B&F evening, open a nice bottle of red, and sit and watch the presentation over the net.

As I'm also a member of GWS, I got the chance to fill out the exact same survey twice, so either the two clubs are using the same survey company of the AFL are backing it.

Either way, the absolute glaring difference in the two clubs beside the obvious (on-field performance) is the access to players, officials and FREE functions. Every game at SKODA had a pre-game function where Sheeds or Cameron would speak and take questions from the floor. Every game had kick to kick at the end of the game and a few games had tables set up on the field for kids to get autographs etc. Every game had an after match function.

Now ask the kids and early teens, who are future full members, where they would rather go and the majority want to go to GWS games for obvious reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

As I'm also a member of GWS, I got the chance to fill out the exact same survey twice, so either the two clubs are using the same survey company of the AFL are backing it.

Either way, the absolute glaring difference in the two clubs beside the obvious (on-field performance) is the access to players, officials and FREE functions. Every game at SKODA had a pre-game function where Sheeds or Cameron would speak and take questions from the floor. Every game had kick to kick at the end of the game and a few games had tables set up on the field for kids to get autographs etc. Every game had an after match function.

Now ask the kids and early teens, who are future full members, where they would rather go and the majority want to go to GWS games for obvious reasons.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench
    I haven't seen a stream since the one where they played a song in the breaks that was quite risk-ay.

Some of you have referred to a survey form that you have received. How did you get it - by email? Does it look like a survey that should have been sent to all members? I have not received it and it sounds as if it could be the second recent Swans members email ( that I am aware of) that I have not received. I have nothing in Spam or Junk mail. My service provider is Bigpond which must surely also be the provider for thousands of other members. Is anyone else aware that they are not receiving email from the Swans? It would help me to know before I question this with Members Services. Many thanks.

Veterans List
    Meg it was called 2013 Sydney Swans Member Satisfaction Surveyand sent from Swans Membership at 9.30am 3 October, for me anyway.

Mine came yesterday also.

But, I have not had a survey from GWS, where I am also a member (but yet to attend a game)

- - - Updated - - -

Mine came yesterday also.

But, I have not had a survey from GWS, where I am also a member (but yet to attend a game)

Further to Triple B's point above, I'd say that, by a significant margin, Skoda Stadium is both the best of the three main venues in Sydney to watch footy at and to play on.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So tell me as a GWS member are you angry with Sydney for stealing buddy off you?

Thanks Go Swannies and Mountain Man for advice about your emails. I contacted Member Services and was told that the Satisfaction Survey is a sample survey (so didn't go to every member) so that presumably explains why I didn't get it. However I didn't get the email re the original Lance Franklin announcement either and that one supposedly did go to every member. I did read that there was a glitch with the Bigpond server on that day so perhaps that resulted in the non-delivery to me. However if anyone else is aware they are not receiving emails from Members Services I would be grateful if they would let me know. I know what I do get but it is difficult to know what I don't get! The reason I have some concern is I had this problem a year ago and it was shrugged off as a problem caused by my service provider, which I was never satisfied about.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So tell me as a GWS member are you angry with Sydney for stealing buddy off you?
    And does your happiness about getting Mummy at GWS outweigh your sadness about losing him from the Swans?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    As a GWS member as well. I haven't been able to stop arguing with myself since Wednesday.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to the CC Dinner in 2010 and met some great people from RWO. I won't embarrass them as I still enjoy annoying them.

In reality I could only drink about $150 worth of alcohol, the meal was about $50 and the rest went to waste apart from gawking at the players and the Swan's guest celebrities.

I wouldn't watch it over the net.

So tonight after finishing removing the lint off my lumber jacket and putting it away for summer, I shall clean my ugg boots.

- - - Updated - - -

I went to the CC Dinner in 2010 and met some great people from RWO. I won't embarrass them as I still enjoy annoying them.

In reality I could only drink about $150 worth of alcohol, the meal was about $50 and the rest went to waste apart from gawking at the players and the Swan's guest celebrities.

I wouldn't watch it over the net.

So tonight after finishing removing the lint off my lumber jacket and putting it away for summer, I shall clean my ugg boots.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    So this cleaning Billy, what is the address for the video stream?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast