Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Club Champion Dinner NO livestream

Senior Player
    Curious,is it not,that most of us picked Jesse and Andrejs , but none of us picked Luke Parker , for Most Improved ? Are we poor judges ? Well , that may be part of the explanation !
    More likely though is that we have - probably somewhat subconsciously - long ago recognised that Luke is already a very good player.

- - - Updated - - -

Curious,is it not,that most of us picked Jesse and Andrejs , but none of us picked Luke Parker , for Most Improved ? Are we poor judges ? Well , that may be part of the explanation !
    More likely though is that we have - probably somewhat subconsciously - long ago recognised that Luke is already a very good player.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Here's a bit more from the official site:
    Swans come out swinging - sydneyswans.com.au

Colless was in fine form, gave a long, rambling and emotional speech that was made quite a bit longer by the frequent interruptions for applause. Along with the return of serve to the other clubs' critics there was an assurance that he and Paul Roos had sorted things out, that Roos had sent him a very positive note and that normal service had been resumed. I'm very pleased at this: it would have been very embarrassing, to say the least, when the Paul Roos Award was made each CC Dinner.
    I expected Mummy to be there and made a point of shaking hands with him and saying how terrific it had been to have him in the club. He said he'd really enjoyed it and went on during the evening to give a demonstration of what he meant! It was like a reprise of his entrance to the Melbourne post-premiership event.star that went to Rampe
    Macca spoke well, obviously approves the Buddy acquisition. Nick Davis introduced one of the awards, I think the Rising Star Award that went to Rampe (but I'm happy to be corrected). I love the way he has been brought back into the centre of things; I hope he continues to improve our kicking.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a bit more from the official site:
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-10-04/swans-come-out-swinging

Colless was in fine form, gave a long, rambling and emotional speech that was made quite a bit longer by the frequent interruptions for applause. Along with the return of serve to the other clubs' critics there was an assurance that he and Paul Roos had sorted things out, that Roos had sent him a very positive note and that normal service had been resumed. I'm very pleased at this: it would have been very embarrassing, to say the least, when the Paul Roos Award was made each CC Dinner.
    I expected Mummy to be there and made a point of shaking hands with him and saying how terrific it had been to have him in the club. He said he'd really enjoyed it and went on during the evening to give a demonstration of what he meant! It was like a reprise of his entrance to the Melbourne post-premiership event.star that went to Rampe
    Macca spoke well, obviously approves the Buddy acquisition. Nick Davis introduced one of the awards, I think the Rising Star Award that went to Rampe (but I'm happy to be corrected). I love the way he has been brought back into the centre of things; I hope he continues to improve our kicking.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    I wonder if the lack of discussion in thsi thead is actually a reflection on the Club.

As I said in an earlier post, AnnieH would be lucky to be within a bull's roar of the stage after buying tickets on the first day available. Unfortunately for her I was right.

Oh well, the money most didn't spend this year can go to a much worthier cause - spend it on themselves !!!!!!!!

I'm that poor right now, I'm saving up money for a Christmas card for the African boy that is sponsoring me.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Yeah, the position sucked... but I wouldn't have missed Dicky's speech for the world.

All the front spots go to the corporates.

With the amount of sponsorship money they contribute... they can have them.

(Keeps membership costs down and all.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    I'm with you on that Annie - RC's speech was worth the price of admission alone. Though everyone sending him up about it for the rest of the night was fun, too.

I got to say goodbye to Mummy, have a chat to RC (bizarrely for a few minutes, just the two of us) and talk to Jesse and Rhyce (sold his Audi A5 3.2 for a Commodore "family wagon, mate". And the usual bunch of players in passing.

Late at night I was talking to Horse who agreed that they went for Buddy just to make this non-Premiership offseason interesting and next year we'll be formidable: "If we keep the injuries down - that's the key".

I was in the second back row.

double vodka lemon pls
    I was there, I had to interupt some people talking to Jesse though which made me think about why he wants out.
    If you constantly tell someone they are a poor player, and even to their face, OF COURSE they want out and won't play well. Really bad form whoever the guys were I kindly asked to move on. I heard your entire conversation and I was cringing. He seemed rather relieved for them to move on too. Probably one of the nicest guys in the room. I hope he could possibly stay but I wouldn't if I was him...
    you know what they say, dirty pants- clean botty

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by woo View Post
    I was there, I had to interupt some people talking to Jesse though which made me think about why he wants out.
    If you constantly tell someone they are a poor player, and even to their face, OF COURSE they want out and won't play well. Really bad form whoever the guys were I kindly asked to move on. I heard your entire conversation and I was cringing. He seemed rather relieved for them to move on too. Probably one of the nicest guys in the room. I hope he could possibly stay but I wouldn't if I was him...
    I don't get that, I mean why would you bother paying good money to attend a club function if you are going to bag out players for their performance on what's supposed to be a night to celebrate their achievements during the season. That's pretty poor form.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I don't get that, I mean why would you bother paying good money to attend a club function if you are going to bag out players for their performance on what's supposed to be a night to celebrate their achievements during the season. That's pretty poor form.
    I think it is because they have a belief that their opinion is important and its an opportunity to big note themselves. I blame facebook.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I once bearded Jesse (last year?) and said that a whole lot of Red&Whiters believed in him and were willing him on. You could see him relax. He knows he has taken too long to reach his potential. He now has a second chance and I wish him all the very best.

As for the buggers who were having a go at him, woo I thank you for intervening. He is a good man and I wuv him.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456