Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Champion Dinner NO livestream

Club Champion Dinner NO livestream

For the first time since 1998 I am not going to the CC Dinner. Its just become too much of a financial issue for me. So I was counting on enjoying the livestream tonight.

I asked Swans when it was going to get up, and they say there is NO livestream at all. Just a few twitter feeds. (

If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Maybe it's because it's at Star this year? Though you'd think it'd have the technology.

Regular in the Side
    The Giants live streamed all their events from the Star this year so definitely not a technology issue

Maybe the dinner is not a sell-out event hence no livestream feed.

After Franklin they can't afford the money......

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Not good.
    The technology is there, the media staff is there, why not show the awards at least through the club website? And how hard would it be to do a few interviews with players and WAGS?
    I tried half-a-dozen keen supporters, including people who went to Wellington, and cost was prohibitive for them too. A video feed would be a very welcome gesture for people like them, and many others all over Australia - and outside Australia if it comes to that.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Maybe the dinner is not a sell-out event hence no livestream feed.
    Dinner is also definitely a sell out. So they don't have an excuse ... They just aren't doing it.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I meant to add, interviews with fans would be great fun too!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can't wait.
    My most favourite function of the year.
    I'll see if I can remember to pop some pics on FB if that helps.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    Dinner is also definitely a sell out. So they don't have an excuse ... They just aren't doing it.
    This seems to be happening a lot with this club lately, fork out $300+ for fancy functions or be forgotten about. I had a huge bitch about this in an email to the club earlier in the year when two of my favourite club events (after match functions and trivia night) were stopped this year with straight out lies given as the reason.
    As I said in my email the more on field success the team has, the more the club itself alienates the everyday fan and that one day treating the bread and butter support group like this will come back and bight them on the bum - funnily enough I never got a reply!

Veterans List
    Jewel - I got a membership survey form yesterday and when I replied I bitched that meeting the players at after-match functions was the reason I originally joined the club. To not have them in the year after a Premiership is insane. And the excuse that there's no MA Noble - what, there's not another room at the SCG??

Glad to see I wasn't alone.

Regular in the Side
    I've just drafted 400 words on this exact issue for the members survey ... This was probably the last straw.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast