Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site speed.

Blog Entries

Site speed.

I know the site has been slow for a while now.
    I have just got back from a 5 week holiday.
    We were hacked 3 times in that 5 weeks, 2 of which I fixed, but on a slow free wifi network, it's not always easy. I may have missed a few things.
    I also receive SMS when the site is having issues, so I've been receiving up to 20 a day, which has been frustrating.
    They seem to have stopped now.

I still have to fix the wiki, but it's use is fairly low compared to the forum.

I've decided to upgrade to VB 5, which MAY stop the hacking and give me a break from fixing it regularly

Sorry for the inconvenience of my holiday. I did double the site speed whilst we remained in the finals, so it wasn't too bad.

Cheers!!

Happy and I know it
    Scott don't apologise for having a life! I appreciate all that you do to keep this site running.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Scott don't apologise for having a life! I appreciate all that you do to keep this site running.
    +1000!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Fancy having a holiday and not bringing us back tea towels. I'm very very sad.............

Seriously, not your fault and your hard work and dedication is greatly appreciated. I promise to stop hacking into the site now that you're back.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Thanks for all your hard work Scott!

here here

always appreciated Scott
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Sweet home Novacastria
    Thanks for your dedication Scott!

I just assumed it was extra traffic from lurkers looking to have a sook over Buddy

thks for your good work for an essential service

Veterans List
    Scott - I presumed it was a Buddy meltdown rather than numerous Hawks hacks. Nice to have you back so I don't have to show a Rabbitohs' shade of green about your daily adventures in the wider world. You still owe me a beer - maybe to celebrate Swans Premiers 2014?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks Scott and I hope you managed to enjoy your time away, despite the idiot hacker. If there are any costs involved in the upgrade just say the word; I'm sure there are plenty of us who would be happy to chip in. It's peanuts for a Rolls Royce experience.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Scott you are, well and truly, the man.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Blog Entries
    Thanks all.
    dimelb, we have enough in the kitty for the upgrade, but thanks for the offer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast