Thread: Kieran Jack - Glandular fever

Kieran Jack - Glandular fever

Hi All,

Read on the swans website that Kizza had glandular fever throughout most of last pre-season.

A tremendours effort to get over thhe fever and play the footy he did in 2013. Well done Kizza.

Couldn't help, but laugh about his quote:

?I missed a good six-to-eight weeks of training in January, during which I was pretty much bedridden,? Jack said.

Must have been a long month.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahhh, the Kizzing disease!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

?I missed a good six-to-eight weeks of training in January, during which I was pretty much bedridden,? Jack said.

He trains twice as hard as anyone else............

He is such a rugby league player who plays AFL and plays it at an elite level. Even his runs are full of 5/8 darts and side steps. So glad he chose our code but you can't help thinking if he was playing NRL he would be an absolute gun and IMHO captain of the blues and maybe Australia. I bet they lament their loss and our gain!

Even the 6-8 weeks comment sounds like something an NRL player would say!

Made his transition when he was about 14 so I don't think "rugby league player?" comes totally into the equation as he was a junior when he left the game.

The boys are letting Gary bask in his past ARL triumphs without interference.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Slightly off topic but since the rugby league connection was mentioned how good is it that both Mitchell Pearce and Kieren Jack have now both played in premiership teams, something that their famous dads weren't able to do with the Tigers in the late 80s!

Veterans List
    Glandular Fever is one of those illnesses that hangs around and takes the edge off performance for a long time. He may have looked like he was travelling ok but maybe couldn't quite do the running he was capable of.