Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Richard Colless on ABC Grandstand Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by cherub View Post
    He won't put up with Eddie's outright lies, and he wants to tell as many people as possible that they are lies. He obviously feels that his impending retirement releases him from a need for ongoing diplomacy.
    There was a veiled hint that he would take legal action if the lies went too far - that bit about it is a thin line between 'slagging off' and defamation.

Warming the Bench

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    cheers

Maguire threatened Ireland over the Nick Davis trade? That was new to me.

Even if most of the interview isn't new to Swans diehards, it's new to most people. It's a good sign that Grandstand did it. As a generic sports programme they have a better sense of proportion about AFL than regular footy hacks.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Maguire threatened Ireland over the Nick Davis trade? That was new to me.
    There was a lot of pain around that trade, from memory Collingwood were adamant they receive a first round draft pick for Nick and we certainly held the upper hand with a homesick kid (for once!). I think Malthouse stirred up trouble a little, as he is want to do, by suggesting that part of the trouble with the trade was Richard and Eddie not seeing eye to eye (which Richard then mocked at the time).

I do think it's moderately funny in retrospect given Eddie's bitching about GWS and nobody wanting to go there, because if GWS was around at the time I daresay Collingwood would have got a first round pick for him.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I do think it's moderately funny in retrospect given Eddie's bitching about GWS and nobody wanting to go there, because if GWS was around at the time I daresay Collingwood would have got a first round pick for him.
    Good point, although Nick is a Cronulla boy...

I wonder if this interview will stir the pot again and have an effect on the Jesse White trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I wonder if this interview will stir the pot again and have an effect on the Jesse White trade.
    Maybe a 2nd round pick, and an apology with a retraction, through all his media access points... For his bending of the truth re: COLA.

Now that's a trade I would like to see.... and hear! ..But I won't be holding my breath.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Maybe a 2nd round pick, and an apology with a retraction, through all his media access points... For his bending of the truth re: COLA.

Now that's a trade I would like to see.... and hear! ..But I won't be holding my breath.
    A second round pick would be fair, but there are rumours that the Pies might trade that along with pick 10 for WCE's pick 6, which doesn't sound like a good deal for Collingwood to move up just 4 places. Also the 2nd rounder might be part of the Shaw-Adams trade.

It's more like Eddie to play hard and try to get White in the PSD. They've done well in their trading the past 2 years.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    There was a veiled hint that he would take legal action if the lies went too far - that bit about it is a thin line between 'slagging off' and defamation.
    I am disappointed but entirely not surprised that Maguire received no sanction over the Adam Goodes incident. I've been listening to ABC's NRL radio broadcaster David Murrow in the last few weeks. Remember early this year he was caught out accidentally on air making a racist joke? And remember how he was suspended for several weeks (if not months(?)) by the ABC? I'm not defending Murrow, but I felt the penalty fitted the crime. He's served his time, so all is behind us now.

Eddie's comments about Adam Goodes were far worse, because they were personally directed, and because of the timing, just days after the MCG incident. And, unlike Murrow, Maguire knew he was on air.

Eddie's sanction......?

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We'll get pick 44 for White. West Coast will pass that pick on to Pies as part of the draft swaps. The swaps will land Yeo to West Coast, Shaw to GWS and Adams & White to Pies.

that is a stack of picks now we will look to trade methinks
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast